Parts Counter Sales Representative
Looking for a Parts Counter Sales Rep in North Reading, MA.
Monday-Friday, 8-5 & Occasional Saturday's
Parts Counter Sales Representatives are responsible for front-line customer service in a variety of parts ordering functions. Responsibilities include assisting customers, taking parts orders, researching technical data for the correct part or parts and data entry.
- Monitor and close open sales orders and purchase orders along with other administrative needs.
- Assisting customers after hours when on-call.
- Greet all customers and answer phones in a polite and timely fashion.
- Utilize formatted phone script when answering calls.
- Process customer and shop orders, backorders, credits and quotes.
- Look up parts via supplied computer programs and other brands we service.
- Handle cash and credit payments and returns per procedures.
- Resolve customer issues or concerns as necessary.
- Assist with preparing and maintaining merchandise displays.
- Able and willing to perform warehouse duties as assigned.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or (GED) equivalent.
- Advanced PC skills with the ability to learn and teach others.
- Energy and stamina to work extended hours and weekends, as well as work overtime as needed.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Detail oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Basic math skills.
- Able to lift 50 pounds.
- Able/willing to learn to operate material handling equipment.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Able to work in a dynamic, fast paced distribution center environment.
- Ability to perform duties with a sense of urgency, exceeding customer expectations.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Prior industry experience.
- Past experience in automotive industry a plus.
- Basic mechanical ability a plus.