Payroll Assistant !!
Payroll Assistant !!
Our Client in Andover, MA is seeking a Payroll Assistant to join their growing team. This is a temp to hire opportunity within a well known organization.
Payroll Assistant Responsibilities:
- The Payroll Assistant is responsible for assisting with the timely and accurate accumulation of payroll data.
- This will be accomplished by assisting the Payroll Coordinators with the processing of the payroll for all exempt and non-exempt employees.
- Administering the Kronos Time & attendance system processing and maintaining data in Kronos processing and responding to garnishments data entry in ADP PayForce receiving and uploading files from Fidelity processing of incoming mail and e-mails as well as the printing of payroll paperwork received in both e-mail and on a shared drive
- Administering processing and maintaining data in Kronos Time & Attendance
- Coordinates with Department Supervisors/Managers to ensure timely and accurate reporting of hours to be paid via the Kronos Time & Attendance System
- Runs files from Fidelity to upload into SAP/HR
- Assists with the audits of payroll data entry & employee status changes to ensure accuracy prior to payroll execution.
- Ensures timely and accurate administration of responding to employee garnishments including notification to employees upon receipt of new garnishments.
- Assists with preparing spreadsheets for entry of Third Party Sick Pay
- Assists with preparing spreadsheets for entry of Relocation payments
- Answers general employee inquiries related to pay checks
- Executes interfaces between Kronos and ADP.
- Acts as point of contact for the Kronos Time and Attendance System.
- Provides assistance to Payroll Coordinator for the entry and audit of paydata batches on payroll processing week.
- Good understanding of Federal and State laws as they relate to both income tax withholding and labor regulations
Payroll Assistant Requirements:
- The Payroll Assistant interacts with some levels of HR Department Supervisors/Managers and their respective employees.
- 2 - 3 years of multi-state payroll experience at a large company
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to respect protect and maintain highly confidential information
- Ability to work independently or with minimal supervision
- Associate's Degree in Accounting or Business related field or equivalent payroll department experience.
- Experience with SAP HR ADP Payforce and Kronos Time & Attendance system a plus