Davis Staffing is partnering with a leading Aerospace company to hire an experienced ID/OD Grind Machinist with set-up experience on a first shift basis in Manchester, CT. If interested in this role, please apply to this position with your Word formatted resume. To expedite the process, you can send your profile directly to Rich Gardner at firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered.
SENIOR ID/OD GRIND MACHINIST
The Sr. ID/OD Grind Machinist position is a senior level setup machinist position. This position utilizes the machinist’s skills and knowledge to efficiently perform and maintain the manufacturing processes on CNC and manual ID/OD grinding machines to produce precision aerospace components.
- Independently set up and operate ID/OD grinding machines as required without supervision.
- Read/interpret machining program language required for machine operation at a high level.
- Possess a complete understanding of programming required for machine operation.
- Manually dress grinding wheel
- Use manual inspection equipment as required, e.g. height stands, micrometers, indicators, dial bores, verniers, etc., and the ability train associates on the use of said equipment.
- Work with aerospace materials such as aluminum, stainless steel, magnesium, titanium, and nickel alloys.
- Follow customer quality requirements, and read/ interpret operation sheets and work instructions.
- Read/interpret reports from the CMM measuring equipment and understand the functionality of the machine.
- Collaborate with support groups i.e. engineering, and quality, to prevent or overcome production issues and work stoppages.
- Adhere to established policies and company procedures and standard work.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks to maintain machinery performance and prevent machine downtime.
- Initiate and participate in process improvement initiatives utilizing lean manufacturing tools and techniques as approved by supervisor.
- Document and communicate manufacturing performance issues to maintain continuity between shifts and decrease machine downtime.
- Act as a role model, coach and train new associates to foster a team environment.
- Maintain work areas and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by Leads, Supervisors and/or Managers.
- Ability to stand or sit for extended period of time.
- Fine motor skills with frequent hand and arm movement.
- Moderate twisting and bending.
- Moderate climbing on step stools or platforms.
Unusual Environmental Conditions:
- Loud machining environment; exposure to aerospace metals, lubricants and chemicals.
Required Personal Protective Equipment:
- Safety glasses/shields, appropriate manufacturing closed toed footwear, gloves, hearing protection may be required or other protective equipment as needed.
- US Citizen or permanent resident
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Technical school graduate in machining (desired)
- Minimum of 7 Years of Machining Experience.
- Strong machine setup skills.
- Aerospace experience.
- Ability to work with tight tolerances.
- Strong industrial math skills, trigonometry required.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to read technical drawings.
- Ability to use and setup various measuring devices.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Lean basic knowledge i.e. 5S, setup reduction, TPM.
- Ability to read & interpret machining program language.