2nd shift test tech - def
Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
2nd shift test tech - def
Title:2nd shift test tech - def
2nd shift Test Tech
Provide intermediate level technical support in a production environment by performing assignments that are not completely standardized or prescribed involving a sequence of operations related to test, troubleshoot and repair of electromechanical products.
1. Work from specific drawings, schematics, technical manuals and explicit verbal or written instructions to construct assemblies.
2. Following prescribed test procedures, apply knowledge obtained from formal education or work experience to use basic test equipment such as multimeters to troubleshoot, debug and make routine measurements on electronic and/or mechanical assemblies.
3. Under minimal supervision, set up and/or use specialized test equipment that may require interpretation of data, including oscilloscopes, signal generators and other specialized test equipment* to test, align, calibrate, and troubleshoot to verify proper product function. Repair and replace defective parts and components as required.
*Specialized test equipment may include fluidics, optics, lasers, electrical, environmental, pitot/static, and/or mechanical depending on assigned program. Training will be provided as needed.
4. Using knowledge of the use of basic hand tools, perform assembly and repair duties as required. Soldering may be required.
5. Extract and compile technical data from recognized sources with only general direction and present such data as required.
6. Set up and operate moderately complex test and/or experimental equipment, record test data, process the data using generally defined methods, and present such data in prescribed form.
7. Service and/or repair instruments and equipment.
8. Discuss technical problems encountered with Team Leader or more senior level technician.
9. Conduct various tests or experiments of moderate complexity which may require modifications in test set ups or procedures.
10. Perform routine analysis of data to check and verify applicability, practicality, accuracy, and conformance to specifications
Perform a variety of functional and operational tests while improving procedures and data sheets for transitional programs or product improvement. May work with Manufacturing or QMO Engineers to smoothly transition new products and test procedures to manufacturing floor.
12. Responsible for the safe handling and disposal of hazardous materials and waste as required for assigned programs (program-specific training will be provided).
13. Participate and contribute to continuous improvement activities by recommending the most efficient processes/procedures for assigned duties.
14. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Requires knowledge of the use of electronic theory and mathematics normally acquired by two years of advanced specialized instruction in electronics engineering technology or related field resulting in an Associate’s Degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience as well as 1 - 3 years of related work experience. Must possess some basic mechanical aptitude. Must be able to solve problems with minimal assistance. Must be able to read and understand diagnostic data. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other database software operations is required. Understanding of test software is desirable. This position requires occasional physical activity including walking, standing, lifting up to 25 pounds (over 25 pounds with assistance). This position may require a Department of Defense Security Clearance.
One or more of the following specialties may require additional skills/experience or training to be fully competent in these roles:
• Knowledge of or experience with fluidic testing
• Knowledge of pumps and pump heads, check valves, tubing and fittings
• Use of gauges and measuring tools may be required
• Ability to perform leak checks with fluid or air, by pressure or vacuum
• Demonstrated knowledge of basic optical principles including mirrors, lenses, beam splitters, filters, and electro-optical detectors is preferred.
• Requires experience with optical alignment, cleaning of optics, energy measurement (understanding potential causes of energy loss), visual inspection of optics including identification of defects (digs, scratches, etc.), and the use of alignment scopes
• Experience working with or a basic knowledge of various optical bonding techniques (e.g. epoxies, RTVs, low outgassing adhesives) is a plus.
• Data capture and analysis using Matlab is also a plus
• Basic understanding of Laser Safety
• Knowledge Laser Optics and how optical element surface contamination/cleanliness can affect laser transmission and performance
• Basic Knowledge of the types of lasers
• Understanding of the difference between a Laser rangefinder and Laser designator
• Knowledge and experience of Vibration and Shock profiles
• Understanding of Accelerometer placement and Axis orientation
• Knowledge and understanding of thermal and burn-in profiles
• Basic knowledge on running both Thermal Chambers and vibration controller equipment
• Knowledge and understanding of pitot-static systems is preferred
• Knowledge of avionics communication busses, e.g. ARINC 429, MIL-STD-1553, is desirable
• Experience with precision pressure testers is a plus
• Basic understanding of lenses, windows, antireflective coatings, etc. desirable
- Welder in Alpharetta GA
- Shipping & Receiving in Alpharetta GA
- Mechanical Assembler in Duluth GA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Branford CT
- Purchasing Analyst in Central Manchester CT
- Maintenance Mechanic in Eagan MN
- Piping Designer in Alpharetta GA
- Electrical Controls Engineer in Brooklyn Park MN
- Material Handler in Waltham MA
- Stockroom Attendant 1st Shift in Gainesville GA
- System Engineer in Alpharetta GA
- Inventory Clerk in Los Alamitos CA
- CNC Machinist in Santa Fe Springs CA
- Wiring Technician in Hoschton GA
- Sr Mechanical Engineer in Boston MA
- Customer Support Rep in Los Alamitos CA
- Applications Engineer in Fairburn GA
- Project Manager in Fairburn GA
- NDE Analyst in North Canton OH
- Test Technician-Quality Control in Buford GA
- Press Brake Operator-Night Shift in Alpharetta GA
- Sr Buyers - Medical in Merrimack NH
- Client Services Assistant in Oklahoma City OK
- Administrative Assistant in Norwood MA
- Specimen Technician I in Chantilly VA
- Quality Inspector in Suwanee GA
- Press Brake Operator-Day Shift in Alpharetta GA
- CNC MACHINE OPERATOR – 2nd shift in Central Manchester CT
- Controls Engineer in Covington GA
- Inside Sales Administrative Assistant in Duluth GA
- Electronic Assembler - Soldering Technician in Burnsville MN
- Optical Technician in Franklin MA
- Assembler in Acton MA
- Material Handler (Production) 5-22-19 in Westborough MA
- Light Duty - Warehouse in Suwanee GA
- Multi-Purpose Technician in Flowery Branch GA
- Equipment Operator in Flowery Branch GA
- 1st Shift Machine Operator in Sutton MA
- Packaging technician in Sutton MA
- Process Engineer in Fall River MA
- Solderer Level 3 in Nashua NH
- Training Coordinator in Milford MA
- Lead Process and Quality Engineer in Leominster MA
- Process Engineer in Leominster MA
- Systems Tech in Beverly MA
- Specimen Technician I in Norwood MA
- Assembly Specialist II in Golden CO
- Field Service Technician in North Charleston SC
- Press Brake Operator in Suwanee GA
- CNC Maintenance Machinist in Flowery Branch GA
- Material Handler (Production) 5-15-19 in Westborough MA
- Brake Press Operator in Duluth GA
- Assembly Tech II 2nd shift in Worcester MA
- 1st Shift Shipper in Newton MA
- Material Handler (1st Shift) in Franklin MA
- Office Support Assistant in Norwood MA
- Lab Assistant I in Memphis TN
- Packaging Assembly in Marlborough MA
- AutoCAD Drafter in Conyers GA
- CNC Machinist in Boylston MA
- HR Generalist in Franklin MA
- Machine Operator in Suwanee GA
- Production Coordinator in Lynn MA
- Assembly Specialist II in Sharpsburg PA
- E&I Technician 1st & 2nd shift in South Brunswick NJ
- Maintenance Mechanic 2nd shift in South Brunswick NJ
- CNC Machinist (Weekend Days) in Milford MA
- QC Inspector in Needham Heights MA
- Lab Associate in Norwood MA
- HR Generalist in Ashland MA
- Quality Engineer in Branford CT
- Value Add Welder in Flowery Branch GA
- Pressure Vessel Pre-Fabrication in Flowery Branch GA
- Quality Engineer in Bloomington MN
- Reach-Lift Operator in Jefferson GA
- Equipment Operator in Jefferson GA
- Quality Assurance Specialist in Marlborough MA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Newnan GA
- Inspection Specialist in Worcester MA
- Development Engineering Tech I in Westborough MA
- Export Coordinator in Newton MA
- NDE Specialist in North Canton OH
- Customer Service in Northborough MA
- Shipper-Receiver in Northborough MA
- Customer Order Analyst in North Canton OH
- Test Technician in Acton MA
- Material Handler in Holliston MA
- Maintenance Mechanic in Everett WA
- Test Engineer in Manchester NH
- Second Shift Maintenance Mechanic in Haverhill MA
- Manufacturing Process Specialist - Grinding in North Canton OH
- Field Machine Technician in Suwanee GA
- Electro-Mechanic Technician in Suwanee GA
- CNC Operator (All Shifts) in Ashland MA
- Process Engineer in Olive Branch MS
- Underwriter in Marlborough MA
- Production Supervisor - 2nd shift in Shrewsbury MA
- Collections Specialist in Norwell MA
- Shipper in Waltham MA
- Lab Support Personnel in Memphis TN