We are partnering with a major manufacturing company in McBee, South Carolina who is looking for a CAD Designer for a long term contract. The CAD Designer will participate in multidiscipline project team, developing, maintaining and improving products. Generate basic mechanical and electro-mechanical models, drawings and notes with minimal direction. Assist in the creation and maintenance of item masters and bills of material utilizing PLM system. Has a good understanding of 3D solid modeling software techniques and understands drawing details as they pertain to ANSI standards. Coordinate with other internal departments affected by design development. Maintain technical coordination with engineer and project team.
- Coordinate with project engineers on new product layout utilizing good verbal and organizational skills with minimal supervision. Assist in build -up of prototypes during pre-pilot stage of project, making necessary corrections to design. Support manufacturing during initial production runs. Create full assemblies for fit up and alignment of parts.
- Checks models, drawings, ECO's and BOM's for clarity, completeness, conformity to standards, procedures, specifications and accuracy of calculations, dimensions and tolerancing.
- Possess basic knowledge of parametric modeling from part and sheet metal to full assembly modeling (i.e. sketches, placing constraints properly, etc.).
- Assists in the generation of 3D solid models of parts and assemblies to ensure proper fit, form and function. Performs interference and tolerance stack up analysis.
- Processes Engineering Change Requests/Orders utilizing PLM system in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure item and bill of material attributes are accurate and maintained in PLM system.
- Has a clear understanding of policies and procedures within the department for assigning part numbers, redlining bills of material, revising drawings and working Engineering Change Requests into Engineering Change Orders while utilizing PLM system.
- Recommend menu and tool bar changes to Engineering Services Manager or CAD Coordinator for all design software to facilitate productivity.
- Associate Degree in Engineering or Drafting
- Designing experience using 3D Modeling techniques and proven skills to meet all requirements of CAD Designer including a full working knowledge of 3D commands and capabilities. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as, Engineering Change Request, Red lines, ANSI standards, operating and maintenance instructions, Corporate rules and regulations as well as departmental procedures.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.