We are working with a engineering firm in area who is looking for a mid level Civil Engineer for a contract to hire opportunity. The Civil Engineer is responsible for engineering tasks in civil engineering projects. One of their main responsibilities includes performing civil engineering work based on project requirements. They also use their technical knowledge to actively participate in business meetings and make recommendations based on research, observations, and experience.
- Prepares, maintains and reviews technical documentation such as blueprints, specifications and reports for structural engineering projects
- Formulate the basis for an engineering study or project or design in any basic or special engineering field
- Perform calculations and design different types of foundations for electric and mechanical equipment
- Review and revise civil projects, utilizing the manual and programmed calculations
- Ensure the integrity of structure and installation to meet clients’ standards and specifications.
- Design pavements and road sections, using AASHTO guide, and Auto-CAD 3D
- Perform surveying and grading plan for new terminals using Carlson or similar software
- Conduct site investigations and inspections of structural engineering projects; provides suggestions for structural engineering projects to ensure that standards and requirements are met.
- Provide design of reinforced concrete, steel for pipe support, platform and retaining wall
- Designs and analyzes load-bearing structures or structural elements, such as buildings, bridges, driveway or roadways
- Develop and review with internal and external resources plans and calculations
- Prepare technical specifications for structural materials from industry standards
- Apply ACI 318, ASCE 7 and other industry standards
- BSCE and 5 years of Civil Engineering experience required
- Utilize Structural analysis software program a PLUS
- EIT Strongly preferred
- Able to utilize Civil 3D