The CMM Programmer is responsible for inspecting and recording dimensions of aerospace components per process sheets, Inspection reports, Blueprints and applicable specifications utilizing specified gages and methods to ensure the quality requirements are met prior to presenting the final aerospace component to the customers.
- Fulfill daily responsibilities in a team based manufacturing environment while maintaining and upholdingcompanies core values.
- Support manufacturing by measuring and assessing product quality using a variety of measurement techniques including: traditional surface plate layout techniques, variety of hand gauging methodologies and automated inspection equipment.
- Program and operate CMM machines.
- Timely and accurate product disposition, reporting and/or communication.
- Provide inspection services of product in accordance to defined requirements.
- Prepare document inspection reports in accordance with company policy, procedure or customer specific requirements.
- Independently perform first article inspections.
- Interpret customer specifications to part conformity.
- Maintain records in accordance to record retention policies.
- Present inspected/received parts to various customer representatives and resolve all customer questions or concerns.
- Support inspection operations by the development, support, qualification, maintenance and control of automated inspection programs.
- Provide customer support (internal or external) within areas of defined competence.
- Participate in internal auditing functions, as appropriate, to ensure effective organizational operations.
- Generate required documentation to ensure effective product traceability and record retention of inspection activities.
- Support organizational improvement activities by acting a team member in improvement functions.
- Support organizational departmental cross training initiatives by becoming cross trained in various skill blocks within the Quality function as defined and agreed upon by supervision.
- Act as a role model, coach and train new associates to foster a team environment
- Follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Work independently with limited supervision.
- Collaborate with all departments and assist with any technical issues.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned by Supervisor.
Must have CMM Programming experience.