Davis National Staffing is partnering with a leading Aerospace client in the Manchester, CT area to hire an experienced CNC Machinist with setup experience for a long-term contract position. If interested in this position, please apply to this posting with your Word formatted resume. To expedite the process, you can send your Word formatted resume directly to Rich Gardner as well, at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for a CNC Machinist to run the Deckels on first shift.
The CNC Machinist is a CNC machine set up position. This position utilizes the machinist’s skills and knowledge to efficiently perform and maintain the manufacturing processes utilizing vertical and horizontal multi-axis milling and turning machines to produce precision aerospace components.
- Perform manufacturing processes including set up and operate vertical and horizontal multi-axis milling machinery as required with minimal supervision.
- Read/interpret machining program language required for machine operation at an intermediate level.
- Use manual inspection equipment as required, e.g. height stands, micrometers, indicators, dial bores, verniers, etc.
- Work with aerospace materials such as aluminum, stainless steel, magnesium, titanium, and nickel alloys.
- Follow customer quality requirements, and read/interpret operation sheets and work instructions.
- Read/interpret CMM measuring equipment reports.
- Act as a role model, coach and train new associates to foster a team environment.
- Adhere to established policies and company procedures and standard work
- Support and participate in process improvement initiatives utilizing lean manufacturing tools and techniques as required.
- Document and communicate manufacturing performance issues to maintain continuity between shifts and decrease machine downtime.
- Maintain work areas and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow all safety policies, rules and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by Leads, Supervisors and/or Managers
- Ability to stand or sit for extended period of time on a concrete manufacturing floor.
- Fine motor skills with frequent hand and arm movement.
- Moderate twisting and bending.
- Moderate climbing on step stools or platforms.
Required Personal Protective Equipment:
Safety glasses/shields, appropriate manufacturing closed toed footwear, gloves, hearing protection may be required or other protective equipment as needed.
- US Citizen or permanent resident.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Technical school graduate in machining (desired)
- Minimum of 3 years of machining experience.
- Prior experience with tight tolerances required
- Proficient with machine setup.
- Aerospace experience desired.
- Solid industrial mathematics knowledge.
- Ability to work with tight tolerances.
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to read technical drawings.
- Ability to set, use or setup various measuring devices.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Lean basic knowledge i.e. 5S visual management.
- Ability to read & interpret machining program language required.