DAVIS Companies has partnered with a leading Medical Device company to identify a contract Program Director to partner with their team. This role is a 3 month contract with the opportunity to be extended.
Qualifications of the Program Director:
MUST HAVE A BROAD BACKGROUND WITH MEDICAL DEVICE, NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT (NPD), PROJECT MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE.
- BS Engineering or Technical Field required. An advanced degree (MS, MBA, etc) is preferred.
- 8-10 years program / project experience, with a demonstrated track record of execution.
- 5 years minimum experience in Medical Device Industry, with large complex programs.
- Project Management Training & Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) preferred; not required
- Subject matter expert in the use of MS Project, MS Project Server and or MS Project online.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines with competing priorities in a fast-paced, ever-changing and evolving work environment
- The ability to lead and manage remote, matrixed teams in both global and regional environments is highly preferred
- Cross functional work experience in R&D, Engineering, Supply Chain, New Product Development (NPD), and Operations is required.
- Expert level experience with Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Strong technical aptitude; comfortable in working with engineers
Responsibilities of the Program Director:
The Program Director will be accountable for providing leadership for high complexity company-wide integration programs, system integrations, new site development and large scale transfers for OSTA. He/she will be accountable for directly and indirectly leading the development and execution of the end to end program and project plans. The scope of responsibilities will include business case evaluation, budget, resource requirements across the multiple divisions and/or sites involved, detailed timelines, comprehensive risk assessments of the individual projects as well as the interdependencies between them at the Program level. Early stage framework budgetary and timing estimates during project feasibility assessments will be a required part of the role. Communication & updates to the different internal and external stakeholders will be a primary area of accountability for the Program Director. This will include communication between the project team members to facilitate the flow of information and maximize effectiveness as well as regular updates and targeted level appropriate communication to the multi-division stakeholders and Executive Leadership Committees.
- Lead the execution of key strategic integration programs (M&A) across OSTA within designated business areas.
- Manage large strategic product development programs
- Act as a site lead for the project management office
- Develop detailed schedules and detailed assignments setting objectives and goals for the different sites, work-streams and individual team members.
- Balance, reprioritize and assign tasks and/or negotiate resources to optimize schedules and outcomes on multiple projects.
- Timely identification of key risks leading the team in the development and proactive implementation of actionable mitigation and contingency plans.
- Understands, communicates and resolves interdependencies/conflicts between these OSTA/OCA- wide projects
- Proactively provide “Alternatives Analysis” for acceleration opportunities, creative problem solving and/or opportunities to improve business outcomes
- Provide current, direct, complete and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to team members directly and to their functional managers.
- Develop standardized communication tools for integration projects – Project Schedules, Communication Templates for the different layers of stake-holders, dashboards to update on projects regularly
- Develop and implement best practices and appropriate changes to improve outcomes in a timely manner.