We are seeking an Electrical Engineer for a long term contract position with a client in Canton, Ga. The Electrical Engineer will be hands on and work with cross-disciplinary design teams on projects of various sizes and scopes. This Electrical Engineer will contribute to the design team based on expertise and experience in electrical hardware design. This individual may coordinate all design activities of a design team, interface with key cross-functional groups, and ultimately deliver electronics systems to meet Product Requirements.
Responsibilities of the Electrical Engineer
- Translate Product Specifications into Design Specs, and manage electronic projects from initial design concepts to ECO released systems to meet overall Product Requirements.
- Coordination of design, test, and build activities between the design team and key cross-functional teams.
- Generate schematics and Gerber files for prototype designs through final releasing of PCBAs.
- Work closely with software engineers to develop control and power management software to maximize power consumption and system reliability.
- Work closely with manufacturing personnel if electronic troubleshooting is required.
- Provide test specs to PCBA vendor to develop electronic test fixtures.
- Review and evaluation of product design through informal and formal design reviews as well as through design verification test plans and reports.
- Proficient performing lab testing of electronics.
Requirements of the Electrical Engineer
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and a minimum of 5 years related experience.
- Experience with Medical Device Directive (MDD), ISO 13485, FDA design controls or similar regulatory environment required
- Experience with analog, digital, and programmable devices
- Firmware/Software experience preferred
- Working knowledge of electronic device design
- Experience brushless motor control
- Experience with power management for low voltage devices
- Experience with PCBA layout and sensor integration
- Experience with wireless / Bluetooth communication protocols