Our client in the Nashua, NH area has an immediate need for an Electrical Engineer
Responsibilities of the Electrical Engineer:
In this role, you will be responsible for designing electrical and electronic hardware for complex medical instruments in a multi-disciplinary environment. You will have the opportunity to work on a diverse set of product development efforts.
- Responsible for carrying out specific engineering project technical assignments as part of larger program objectives in the design and development of products, test equipment, or processes.
- Assist with the determination of design requirements. Recommend design architecture. Determine design feasibility, evaluate design alternatives, and select optimum design approach. Consult with higher level engineering personnel to resolve more complex design alternatives. Collaborate with the project team to solve complex technical problems, resolve design issues, and manage risk (technical and hazards). Maintain liaisons with other departments.
- Develop requirements, specifications, schematics, simulations (where applicable), assembly drawings, bills of material, and material cost estimates. Specify the design of cables and cable harness assemblies. Utilize electronic design tools such as schematic capture. Determine appropriate components, materials, and processes for specific applications. Work with service bureaus and suppliers on PCB layout, fabrication, and other design/test activities.
- Develop reliability models for electro-mechanical, electro-optical sub-assemblies and assemblies.
In addition there are several engineering activities in support of production that the selected individual would be working on, depending on priorities, including the following.
- Continuation of pressure transducer investigation.
- Investigation of failures of Electronic Control Module (ECM) and Liquid Level Sense module.
- Investigation of failures of interconnect board.
- Respin of ECM.
- Update system interconnect schematic.
- ECOs for several production or transition to production programs.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications for the Electrical Engineer:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with 6 or more years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, preferably with medical devices or automation products.
- Incumbents must possess intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields.
- Design experience should include electro-mechanical systems experience, stepper and servo motors.
- Must be able to work in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Must have good computer skills.