We are looking for a Precision Assembly Technician to join our team. This is a temporary assignment lasting 6 to 12 months.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Precision assembly of electronic assemblies, electro-mechanical assemblies, opto-mechanical assemblies, sub-assemblies, complete products, and/or systems.
- Mounting assembled mechanical and electrical components, such as electronic assemblies, mechanical assemblies, and optical assemblies to chassis panels and/or optical head.
- Fine alignment and focus of optical subsystems.
- Testing of electronic systems, sub-assemblies, and complete products to ensure unit functions according to specifications or, in the event of failure, determine cause of unit failure.
- Compare results with specifications, record test data and plot/graph test results.
- Perform incoming parts testing and inspection to ensure parts and assemblies meet production specifications and standards. Analyze test results on defective units to determine troubleshooting steps.
- Troubleshoot systems, products, and sub-assemblies and rectify failures.
- Confer with Manufacturing engineers, production personnel and others regarding testing procedures and results to resolve problems.
- Read dials or digital displays that indicate electronic characteristics such as voltage, frequency, distortion, inductance, and capacitance.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Must have: strong communication, documentation, and interpersonal skills; ability to work independently; can-do & well-rounded attitude and mechanical aptitude.
- Must exhibit the highest level of initiative and attention to detail.
- Extensive knowledge of electronics and cabling
- Extensive knowledge of optical alignment is a plus
- Experience with torque wrenches and mechanical assembly tools
- Excellent trouble shooting skills
- Ability to read and comprehend: Job orders, test schedules, test manuals, work instructions, performance specifications, and wiring diagrams to determine testing procedure and equipment and/or tools required.