Electronic Associate Technician
Electronic Associate Technician:
Under direction of the Production Supervisor, the Technician shall evaluate, troubleshoot, disassembly, assemble, repair and/or inspect medical electronic equipment to assure proper function. Uses a variety of small hand tools and test equipment to make repairs and facilitate disassembly and reassembly. Completes and maintains accurate service records both electronically and manually. Ensures that safe work practices are employed by observing guidelines established or enforced by the company. Proactively participates in the quality systems, quality improvement and “5S” programs as directed by the Production Supervisor. Maintains confidentiality of documents and processes.
Responsibilities of the Electronic Associate Technician:
- The Endoscope Technician I applies acquired job skills related to the repair and service of endoscopes.
- This Technician must demonstrate the ability to maintain acceptable levels of quality and productivity as acquired thru technical training and demonstrated aptitude within a designated skill set.
- Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature.
Requirements of the Electronic Associate Technician:
- Requires a minimum of one-year experience at the Electronic Associate Technician level unless previous repair experience with endoscopes can be demonstrated.
- Demonstrated skill in medical electronic equipement disassembly, assembly, repair, final inspection or equivalent in precision repair activity while maintaining productivity, quality and attendance standards.
- All Technicians must have sufficient manual dexterity with small hand tools (such as screwdrivers, electric screwdrivers, pliers, tweezers)
- Experience or ability to work with microscopes, test equipment (such as light sources, video processors, mega ohm testers) and hand soldering, where applicable.
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written).
- The ability to read and follow manuals, work instructions, job standards and related information.
- Possess basic computer skills (including keyboard and mouse skills); and must be customer focused/oriented.
- Must be able to sit, stand or walk 8 hrs a day .