We are looking for an Electronics/Engineering Technician to join our exciting new team located in Boston Landing! This is a 1st shift position with flexible hours, cutting edge technology, and a household name in electronics!
As an Electrical Engineering Technician, you will be on the front line of innovative product development. Working closely with Engineers, you will:
- Build and test electrical prototypes
- Diagnose and repair electrical problems
- Conduct measurements and analyze data
- Repair and maintain laboratory equipment
- Assist in research experiments
- Fundamentals of electronics
- Soldering (through-hole, point-to-point, SMD)
- Building circuits from a diagram
- Conducting electrical measurements (ex: oscilloscope and DVM)
- Diagnosing and repairing electrical faults
- Mechanical skills, such as wood or metal working
- Use of PC software such as Microsoft Office
Candidates must be familiar with:
- Digital electronics and digital signal processing
- Computer-based data acquisition tools
- Electrical simulation software (pSpice, etc.)
- Computer programming
Acoustics experience and mechanical skills would be a huge plus.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must.
Candidates must be able to work independently and have a passion for learning new skills.
Experience with audio electronics, loudspeakers, microphones, audio recording, audio measurement tools, and medical devices are preferable.
Education: BS in Engineering Technology or related field preferred