Our client is seeking an experienced engineering technician to provide support for engineering research projects, engineering development programs, and support of manufacturing transition activities under limited supervision.
You will provide technical assistance with the design, development, construction, and testing of developmental prototype products, transition of pilot products to manufacturing, general electro/mechanical activities, test systems documentation, design, development and execution, and general research design, development and testing activities.
You will work closely with members of an engineering project team with minimal direction and instructions, work with project team members or manufacturing on engineering change orders, and act as a lead technician on engineering projects. May coordinate, review and analyze the activities of a less experienced technician.
1. Provide complex technical assistance in the design, development, testing and modification of engineering prototypes.
2. Design, develop, construct and modify complex electronic circuits and mechanical designs utilizing known design concepts. Determine circuit values for specified maximum performance in basic circuits by making necessary mathematical calculations.
3. Works independently and closely with electrical, mechanical, software and systems engineering to troubleshoot systems, parts tracking and ordering, modifying, manipulating and configuring test setups that supports engineering prototypes.
4. Be able to design and create software scripts to do some work that insure proper function of system sub-assemblies that may include other software, electronics and mechanical items.
5. Determine type of tests to be performed, approve and suggest modifications to testing equipment and analyze test results to evaluate performance of products or equipment.
6. Determine appropriate materials and processes for preparing technical reports.
7. Conduct experiments to evaluate operating characteristics of products or processes. Assist in the planning, testing and evaluation of laboratory equipment, new and existing materials and techniques.
8. Exercise specialized technical judgment in the substitution of parts and materials. Evaluate and select optimum alternatives.
9. Develop or improve techniques to meet quality, function and cost standards.
10. Maintain effective liaison with all interfacing departments to assist engineering in transition from development into production.
11. Modify and support in the engineering of various tooling fixtures necessary for the assembly of components for various devices/instruments that are in prototype, production build and/or test.
12. Assure compliance of specific electronic equipment’s maintenance and calibration documentation requirements.
13. Specify, design, document, order and test cabling assemblies.
14. Support outside agency testing as needed per product.
15. Support engineering and manufacturing for engineering change orders.
16. Direct activities and provide technical direction to less senior technicians in building, testing and troubleshooting equipment.
Requires a technical Associate’s Degree in Electronics Engineering or similar field and 2+ years of directly related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be knowledgeable of a wide variety of materials that would be used for engineering and project startup development.
Soldering Certification is desired.