We are looking for a SR Human Resources Generalist to join our client in Charlton, Ma on a direct hire basis.
The Sr. Human Resources Generalist leads recruitment initiatives to support our growth and provides a broad range of HR expertise and support to all departments and employees of the company. Solves organizational challenges through people-related solutions. As a core part of this hands-on work, roll out programs to support employees - including communication, compensation, performance and development programs.
Serves as a contact and advisor to managers and employees in multiple areas of HR. Partners with HR Director in execution of programs and strategies, team projects & initiatives, and to seek and provide innovative solutions that support and optimize the operating objectives of the company while fostering and promoting a climate of trust, cooperation and confidence. Be comfortable challenging convention, and in some cases to reinvent how work is done.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Establish and manage social media talent acquisition strategy to ensure the broadest pool of applicants. Leverage social media and mobile recruiting to target smart phone users. Utilizing social media as one of the primary recruitment methods to recruit both active and passive job seekers open to new opportunities, targeting candidates with a specific set of skills. Create interest in job by posting information, pictures and video.
Collaborates with hiring managers in developing job descriptions for open positions. Recruit and select the next great employee for open positions at all levels, conducting in-depth first round interviews, recommending qualified applicants for next phase of selection process. Actively manages the selection process through offer, acceptance, pre-employment process and on-boarding. Track business needs against current status and proactively provide plans and support to fill the gaps.
Coaches managers on how to lead their teams, navigating and resolving employee relations issues or managing programs that help develop employees. Coaches and counsels managers and employees in the areas of policy, benefits, performance management, salary administration, training & development, performance issues and discipline ensuring that decisions made are in compliance with company policy and applicable federal and state laws. Uses judgment to develop resolution to complex issues. Partner with HR Director, legal and business experts to address unique situations and needs. Administers the Company’s Retirement plan including enrollment activity, terminations, plan changes, loans, employee education and communication, website administration, reporting and compliance testing. Liaison with third party administrators, auditors, consultants and asset managers in order to fully understand plan impact from changes in investment selection and performance, accounting rules and/or ERISA regulations; maintains compliance with all governmental regulations, including keeping abreast of changing Federal and State regulations and legislation that may affect 401(k) plans. Oversees company’s FMLA and Leaves of Absence programs in accordance with established leave programs and in full compliance with FMLA and/or state job-protection laws, coordinating with Workers Compensation insurer as necessary. Certifies and tracks LOA, reviewing medical certification and designating FMLA as appropriate. Responds to unemployment claims. Monitors and audits the Unemployment Insurance statement of charges.
Maintains compliance with federal and state employment laws and regulations. Stays up-to-date on new developments in employment law. Actively participates in developing, writing and implementing company policies and procedures. Provides recommendations on how certain policy areas can improve or may need revision. Responsible for ensuring employees understand company policies and works with managers to issue appropriate action for any policy violations.
Chairs the Employee Safety Committee, holds bi-weekly meetings, collaborates with employee committee members to create and implement safety activities to increase awareness and improve safety in support of the overall company strategy of reducing work-related injuries, addressing ergonomic concerns and other safety issues. Makes safety-related advisory recommendations to management. Ensures OSHA records are maintained in compliance with regulations.
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the position in a satisfactory manner. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Experience with social media as a method of talent acquisition Indepth knowledge of Federal and State employment related laws and regulations. Understanding of HR legal issues and how they are interpreted and applied. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to summarize and present HR concepts and guidelines in a clear and concise manner; possess excellent analytical skills and solid business acumen. The successful candidate will also be able to quickly think a problem through and make authoritative, autonomous decisions, demonstrate strong interpersonal and influencing skills, ability to manage competing priorities and act with urgency, problem solving acuity, ability to work through ambiguity and drive for results, and aptitude to work independently with limited direction.
Bi- or multi-lingual skills are considered assets
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Human Resources or related field or equivalent work experience.
Minimum of 5-7 years in HR Partner role or equivalent working experience within the various HR functions including experience providing HR-related coaching and counseling to employees and leaders up to the Director level.
Must have strong HR fundamentals and possess HR Subject Matter Expertise in a number of HR functions, in addition to having a business perspective and business acumen, in formulating and implementing people/organizational/HR actions that will impact the business and drive required change efforts.
Demonstrated track record of passion for high-level, challenging HR work, while maintaining high level of execution of tactical HR process and deliverables. High tolerance for pressure, deadlines, conflicting multiple priorities.
Team player - ability to work within and across organizational boundaries.
- PHR or SPHR Certification
- Ability to advise how human resource related actions can impact business performance, goals and drivers
- Ability to create and utilize data and metrics to advise clients on their HR-related issues/trends
- Project management experience
- Electrical Manufacturing Technician - Control Panel Builder in Oakdale MN
- Quality Assurance in Mansfield MA
- Jr. Buyer in Hudson NH
- Manufacturing Associate in Hudson MA
- Final Assembly in Norcross GA
- Machine Operator in Duluth GA
- 2nd Shift Assembler in Suwanee GA
- Buyer - Planner in Peabody MA
- Administrative Assistant in Duluth GA
- Mechanical Engineer in Norcross GA
- Press Brake Machine Operator in Peabody MA
- Electro Mechanical Assembler in Lowell MA
- Chemistry Technician I in Golden CO
- Controls Engineer in Mt. Washington KY
- Electronic Assembly Technician in Plymouth MN
- Estimator in Pendergrass GA
- Finishing Technician in Needham Heights MA
- Assembly-Production Tech in Golden CO
- Assembler, CT in Buford GA
- Quality Engineer in Maple Grove MN
- Quality Inspector II - PCBA in Westborough MA
- Shipping & Recieving in Alpharetta GA
- Estimation Technician in Memphis TN
- CAD Modeler in Carrolton GA
- Associate Videographer in Milford MA
- Inventory Clerk in Rochester NH
- Computer - Production Technician in Rochester NH
- Operations Manager in Memphis TN
- Material Handler III in Milford MA
- Accounts Receivable Coordinator in Billerica MA
- Collections Specialist in Norwell MA
- Machine Operator III in Bridgeport NJ
- Machine Operator I in Bridgeport NJ
- Payroll-HR Clerk in Millville NJ
- Credit Specialist in Memphis TN
- Material Handler in Holliston MA
- EM Assembler in Holliston MA
- Warehouse - General Labor in Oxford MA
- Electronic Technician in Memphis TN
- Accounts Payable Specialist in Milford MA
- Test Operator in Nashua NH
- EM Assembler in Leominster MA
- Order Picker in Wilsonville OR
- Associate CMM Layout Engineer in Milford NH
- Maintenance Technician 2nd Shift in Flowery Branch GA
- Entry Level Staff Accountant in Golden CO
- Maintenance Mechanic in Maple Grove MN
- CNC Programmer in Leominster MA
- Document Control Specialist in North Billerica MA
- CNC Turning Machinist in Milford MA
- Wire Harness Assembler in Brooklyn Park MN
- Maintenance Mechanics - 2nd and 3rd shifts in Lincoln RI
- Assembler-Kitter in Norwood MA
- Electrical Design Engineer in Fairburn GA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Portsmouth NH
- Shipping and Receiving Supervisor in Westborough MA
- Custodian in Westborough MA
- Production Supervisor in Conyers GA
- Candidate Experience Coordinator in Manhattan NY
- Diesel Technician in Lilburn GA
- Shipping Clerk in Brooklyn Park MN
- Controls Technician in Portland ME
- Manual Machinist in New Haven CT
- Engineer, Navigation Systems 18-0054 in Alhambra CA
- Sr Electrical Designer in Minneapolis MN
- IT Technician in Norcross GA
- Quality Engineer in Dover NH
- Packaging technician in Sutton MA
- Advanced Panel Builder in Brooklyn Park MN
- 2nd Shift Production Supervisor in Brooklyn Park MN
- Endoscope Technician in Memphis TN
- Field Service Technician in Franklin MA
- Industrial Engineer II in Maple Grove MN
- Executive Assistant in Newton MA
- Logistics Clerk in Franklin MA
- Machine shop Lead - Supervisor - Operations Support in Central Manchester CT
- Preventative Maintenance Tech - NJ in Vineland NJ
- Optical Technician in Franklin MA
- Mechanical - Incoming Inspector in Hudson NH
- 1st Shift Machine Operator in Sutton MA
- EHS Technician - Environmental Health & Safety Tech in Maple Grove MN
- Material Handler in Duluth GA
- Lab Analyst in Norcross GA
- Software Engineer in Hollis NH
- MOCVD Section Manager- 18-0011 in Alhambra CA
- Product Engineer in Milford NH
- Maintenance Mechanic in Shrewsbury MA
- Electronics Technician in Framingham MA
- Logistics Coordinator in Bartlett TN
- Test Tech - 2nd shift in Westborough MA
- Test Operator 2nd shift in Westboro MA
- Solder Assembler II-III 2nd shift in Westboro
- EM Assembler I-II (2nd Shift) in Westboro MA
- Test Operator - AOI -1st shift in Westboro MA
- Manufacturing Engineer II in Maple Grove MN
- Production Supervisor in Shrewsbury MA
- Quality Assurance Technician in Millville NJ
- Mechanical Design Engineer in Gainesville GA
- Development Engineering Tech I in Westborough MA
- Senior RF Design Engineer, R&D 18-0060 in Alhambra CA