We are looking for a SR Human Resources Generalist to join our client in Charlton, Ma on a direct hire basis.
The Sr. Human Resources Generalist leads recruitment initiatives to support our growth and provides a broad range of HR expertise and support to all departments and employees of the company. Solves organizational challenges through people-related solutions. As a core part of this hands-on work, roll out programs to support employees - including communication, compensation, performance and development programs.
Serves as a contact and advisor to managers and employees in multiple areas of HR. Partners with HR Director in execution of programs and strategies, team projects & initiatives, and to seek and provide innovative solutions that support and optimize the operating objectives of the company while fostering and promoting a climate of trust, cooperation and confidence. Be comfortable challenging convention, and in some cases to reinvent how work is done.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Establish and manage social media talent acquisition strategy to ensure the broadest pool of applicants. Leverage social media and mobile recruiting to target smart phone users. Utilizing social media as one of the primary recruitment methods to recruit both active and passive job seekers open to new opportunities, targeting candidates with a specific set of skills. Create interest in job by posting information, pictures and video.
Collaborates with hiring managers in developing job descriptions for open positions. Recruit and select the next great employee for open positions at all levels, conducting in-depth first round interviews, recommending qualified applicants for next phase of selection process. Actively manages the selection process through offer, acceptance, pre-employment process and on-boarding. Track business needs against current status and proactively provide plans and support to fill the gaps.
Coaches managers on how to lead their teams, navigating and resolving employee relations issues or managing programs that help develop employees. Coaches and counsels managers and employees in the areas of policy, benefits, performance management, salary administration, training & development, performance issues and discipline ensuring that decisions made are in compliance with company policy and applicable federal and state laws. Uses judgment to develop resolution to complex issues. Partner with HR Director, legal and business experts to address unique situations and needs. Administers the Company’s Retirement plan including enrollment activity, terminations, plan changes, loans, employee education and communication, website administration, reporting and compliance testing. Liaison with third party administrators, auditors, consultants and asset managers in order to fully understand plan impact from changes in investment selection and performance, accounting rules and/or ERISA regulations; maintains compliance with all governmental regulations, including keeping abreast of changing Federal and State regulations and legislation that may affect 401(k) plans. Oversees company’s FMLA and Leaves of Absence programs in accordance with established leave programs and in full compliance with FMLA and/or state job-protection laws, coordinating with Workers Compensation insurer as necessary. Certifies and tracks LOA, reviewing medical certification and designating FMLA as appropriate. Responds to unemployment claims. Monitors and audits the Unemployment Insurance statement of charges.
Maintains compliance with federal and state employment laws and regulations. Stays up-to-date on new developments in employment law. Actively participates in developing, writing and implementing company policies and procedures. Provides recommendations on how certain policy areas can improve or may need revision. Responsible for ensuring employees understand company policies and works with managers to issue appropriate action for any policy violations.
Chairs the Employee Safety Committee, holds bi-weekly meetings, collaborates with employee committee members to create and implement safety activities to increase awareness and improve safety in support of the overall company strategy of reducing work-related injuries, addressing ergonomic concerns and other safety issues. Makes safety-related advisory recommendations to management. Ensures OSHA records are maintained in compliance with regulations.
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the position in a satisfactory manner. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Experience with social media as a method of talent acquisition Indepth knowledge of Federal and State employment related laws and regulations. Understanding of HR legal issues and how they are interpreted and applied. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to summarize and present HR concepts and guidelines in a clear and concise manner; possess excellent analytical skills and solid business acumen. The successful candidate will also be able to quickly think a problem through and make authoritative, autonomous decisions, demonstrate strong interpersonal and influencing skills, ability to manage competing priorities and act with urgency, problem solving acuity, ability to work through ambiguity and drive for results, and aptitude to work independently with limited direction.
Bi- or multi-lingual skills are considered assets
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Human Resources or related field or equivalent work experience.
Minimum of 5-7 years in HR Partner role or equivalent working experience within the various HR functions including experience providing HR-related coaching and counseling to employees and leaders up to the Director level.
Must have strong HR fundamentals and possess HR Subject Matter Expertise in a number of HR functions, in addition to having a business perspective and business acumen, in formulating and implementing people/organizational/HR actions that will impact the business and drive required change efforts.
Demonstrated track record of passion for high-level, challenging HR work, while maintaining high level of execution of tactical HR process and deliverables. High tolerance for pressure, deadlines, conflicting multiple priorities.
Team player - ability to work within and across organizational boundaries.
- PHR or SPHR Certification
- Ability to advise how human resource related actions can impact business performance, goals and drivers
- Ability to create and utilize data and metrics to advise clients on their HR-related issues/trends
- Project management experience
- 1st Shift Electrical Manufacturing Technician in Brooklyn Park MN
- 1st Shift Order Picker in Brooklyn Park MN
- 2nd Shift - Control Panel Builder in Brooklyn Park MN
- Accountant in Bartlett TN
- Accounting Analyst in King of Prussia PA
- Shipping Receiving Coordinator in New Hope MN
- Material Handler II in Westboro MA
- Revenue Analyst in Lowell MA
- Customer Quality Coordinator in Bloomington MN
- Sr Quality System Engineer in Eden Prairie MN
- Assembly Technician in Hollis NH
- Quality Engineer in Peterborough NH
- Internal Audit Analyst in Marlborough MA
- Sr. Embedded Software Engineer in Alhambra CA
- Sr. Hardware Engineer (2) in Alhambra CA
- FPGA Design Engineer in Alhambra CA
- Warehouse Associate in Duluth GA
- Mechanical Designer in Marietta GA
- Customer Service Associate in Westford MA
- Civil Engineer in Alpharetta GA
- Enterprise Sales Representative in Marlborough MA
- TIG Welder in Norcross GA
- Quality Specialist in Norcross GA
- Human Resources Generalist in Marlborough MA
- HR Generalist in Swedesboro NJ
- Assembly Tech in Alpharetta GA
- Hardware Insertion in Alpharetta GA
- Manual Machinist - Jig in Central Manchester CT
- Material Handler (1st Shift) in Franklin MA
- Part Time Receptionist in Lowell MA
- Sheet Metal Fabricator in Medway MA
- Warehouse Associate in Lexington MA
- Assembly Technician in Woburn MA
- Optical Engineer in MA
- Sr. Mechanical Engineer in MA
- Failure Analysis Engineering Aide in Lincoln RI
- Medical Lab Tech in Norwood MA
- CNC Operator in Norcross GA
- Fabricator-Welder in Norcross GA
- CMM-Mechanical Inspector (1st & 2nd shift) in Woburn MA
- CNC Programmer in Woburn MA
- Sr. Quality Engineer in Jasper GA
- 3rd Shift QA Technician in Lawrence MA
- 1st Shift Machine Operator in Plymouth MA
- Engineering Manager in Bozeman MT
- Systems-Electrical Engineer in Exeter NH
- Principal Diagnostics Engineer in MA
- Receptionist-Sales Support in Bartlett TN
- Piping Designer in Alpharetta GA
- 2nd Shift Machine Operator in Newton MA
- Solidworks Designer in Concord NH
- Test Technician in Duluth GA
- Salesforce Admin in Norcross GA
- Lab and Tire Test Technician in Suwanee GA
- CAD Designer in Duluth GA
- Assembler in Acton MA
- PCB Assembler in Norcross GA
- Final Assembly in Norcross GA
- Software Engineer in Bartlett TN
- Program Manager II in MA
- Warehouse Associate in Norwood MA
- Welder in Loganville GA
- Inspector in Franklin MA
- Finisher I in Memphis TN
- Industrial Controls Technician III in Olive Branch MS
- Administrative Assistant in Maple Grove MN
- Manual Lathe Operator in Norcross GA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Atlanta GA
- Tool & Die Maker in Atlanta GA
- Warehouse Order Picker in Suwanee GA
- Project Manager in MA
- 3rd Shift Extrusion Operator in Manchester NH
- Customer Service Rep in Ashland MA
- SMT Operator - 1st Shift in Burnsville MN
- Senior CNC Programmer in Woburn MA
- Inspector in Woburn MA
- Material Handler in Duluth GA
- HR Specialist in Newton MA
- Equipment Installation Technician in Marlborough MA
- Plant Manager in Woburn MA
- Project Manager in Dacula GA
- Purchasing Agent in Dacula GA
- Lead CAD Drafter in Dacula GA
- Mechanical Assembler in Westford MA
- CNC Operator in West Deptford NJ
- Engineering Technicians in Andover MA
- 3rd Shift Assembler in Suwanee GA
- 2nd Shift Assembler in Suwanee GA
- 1st Shift Assembler in Suwanee GA
- Accounts Payable Financial Assistant in Milford MA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Minneapolis MN
- Manufacturing Engineer in Wilmington MA
- Site Quality Manager in Maple Grove MN
- General Laborer in West Deptford NJ
- Senior Electrical Systems Engineer in Wilmington MA
- Receiving Material Handler in Flowery Branch GA
- Assembly Line in Flowery Branch GA
- Mechanical Inspector II - RII in Westborough MA
- Quality Inspector II - EM in Westborough MA
- Quality Control Inspector in Worcester MA