Our client located in Charlton, Ma is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to join their team on a contract basis.
Applying sound engineering principles and proven statistical methods our Manufacturing Engineer will fill a technical leadership role within the manufacturing operation, ensuring well designed fiberoptic materials and products are produced to meet customer and company expectations for specifications, costs, yields and delivery.
This individual will:
- Provide hands-on engineering expertise and support for fiberoptic manufacturing processes, including the design, evaluation and modification of electro-mechanical systems and equipment.
- Provide technical engineering support for the Fiber Technology Department to include process development, improvement, optimization, troubleshooting and yield improvement for the drawing, assembly and material processing of glass fiberoptic materials.
- Develop, improve and implement robust production / processing methods and business processes that positively impact cost, quality and safety objectives.
- Provide technical support for the development of new fiberoptic materials to include definition and development of material specifications, quote details and technical support for new material product.
- BS in Mechanical, Manufacturing or other related engineering field required.
- Minimum 1-3 years of proven engineering experience, with emphasis on process and equipment design, development and documentation in a manufacturing environment. Related College Co-Op and Internship experience may be considered.
- Electro/mechanical/controls/software background required.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work “hands-on” with production team members in designing, developing and implementing new products/processes.
- Strong passion for detail, excellent process/project management skills, excellent team facilitation skills and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with setting up and running process experiments, ability to interpret results, and apply those results to improving products and manufacturing processes.
- Glass/Ceramic/Materials engineering and/or fiberoptics manufacturing background preferred.