Mechanical / Manufacturing Engineer
- Work with design, development, and manufacturing engineering to understand product requirements. Design assembly equipment to support prototype level builds of a complex electromechanical product.
- Work hand-in-hand with the development engineers – highly engaged in builds of the product to better understand and recommend improved assembly processes.
- Define prototype assembly processes and detailed strategies of how to effectively transition these processes in a high volume application
- Develop validation plans to ensure assembly equipment is producing high quality, defect free product
- Work with manufacturing test engineering to implement automation and data collection where necessary
- B.S. in Engineering – strong mechanical engineering experience is a must
- 5 to 15 years of experience in a blend of product design, manufacturing engineering, manufacturing operations, and process development
- Solidworks experience with both parts and assemblies
- Experience with LabVIEW and TestStand, developing test programs and algorithms
- Knowledge of GD&T & ANSI Y14.5 drawing standards
- Project management experience – preparation of project timelines, budget, and resource requirements