The DAVIS Companies has partnered with the leader in water treatment products who is currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer. In this roles you will develop and improve manufacturing processes by studying product and manufacturing methods to provide engineering support to the product development team.
Responsibilities of the Manufacturing Engineer:
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment and component vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Develops/models new products and technologies
- Builds product prototypes
Requirements of the Manufacturing Engineer:
- Engineering degree and any necessary certifications.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or related Technical/Scientific field of study
- Minimum of 2 years manufacturing engineering experience
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing or similar discipline
- Experience with project management
- Understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts of manufacturing
- Experience interpreting mechanical / electrical drawings.
- Excellent data analysis skills and proficient in the use of statistical tools in problem solving