The DAVIS Companies is supporting a leader in the water filtration industry by securing a Design Engineer to join their team.
Responsibilities of Design Engineer:
- Utilizing SolidWorks create 3D CAD models and drawings of product components and assemblies for use internally and by our vendors.
- Develop new product designs that meet the functional, aesthetic, ergonomic and economic needs of our customers.
- Run analytical software tools to evaluate and optimize design concepts, and prepare and conduct design reviews and DFMEA.
- Reduce product costs by evaluating designs from a materials, process, assembly, packaging, and tooling cost perspective.
- Maintain a disciplined approach to the application of ISO and other engineering procedures.
- Support manufacturing by soliciting their early involvement and by aiding in the coordination of mold making and other related tooling activities.
- Prepare images, information, and technical documentation as needed for the marketing, quality, and technical writing functions.