We have an immediate need for a Mechanical Designer with recent Unigraphics (UG-NX 6 or higher) experience for a long-term contract position in New Hampshire. Per Diem is available for out of area candidates. If interested, please send your Word formatted resume to Rich Gardner at email@example.com for immediate consideration.
DEGREES PREFERRED: Bachelor or Associates of Science in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
POSITION TYPE : Temporary contract position, 9-12 months
ASSIGNMENTS: Company has a near term need for technical assistance in the design of bearing assemblies / components and document/ configuration management. Activities may include one or more of the following:
- Support design of bearings and components to customer requirements and/or design guidelines.
- Employ 3D computer modeling using computer aided design tools. Generate drawings from 3D models.
- Implement changes to existing design and documents in accordance with Management of Change procedures.
- Manage revisions, approval process, and document release procedures for drawings and documents.
- As instructed, utilize computer based design algorithms, engineering calculations, and standards as the baseline for design.
- Review Customer documentation to extract design requirements, identify exceptions, and confirm design compliance.
- Maintain 2D legacy design drawings and data.
Candidates for this position should possess:
- Minimum 5 years mechanical design experience including applied knowledge of GD&T principles.
- Background in 3D modeling - NX (Version 6 or higher) required, Pro Engineer (Wildfire 2 and up) preferred
- Product Data Management (Teamcenter PDM experience preferred)
- Familiarity with change management/ configuration control systems in AS9100/ ISO9001 environment