Our client in Ashland, MA is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to perform design, analysis, testing and evaluation of mechanical temperature control parts/assemblies and electronic gas ignition control components in collaboration with a team of multidisciplinary engineers.
Including, but not limited to:
- Perform design and analysis of mechanical temperature control parts and assemblies.
- Perform design and analysis of electronic gas ignition control plastic enclosures.
- Develop new mechanical temperature control and ignition electrode models using existing parts and configurations.
- Perform timely and accurate design reviews via the engineering change order (ECO) process.
- Plan and execute functional, endurance, and environmental testing of mechanical temperature controls.
- Support test facility and equipment maintenance and management.
- Perform failure root cause analysis of prototypes and product returns.
- Participate in Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (DFMEA) efforts.
- Lead cost reduction and sustaining engineering projects. Assist Compliance Engineers with third-party agency approvals (UL, CSA, CE, etc.) Interact with and provide guidance to suppliers.
- Develop standard work to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Mechanical Engineering degree (BSME).
- Graduate Engineering degree (MSME or other).
- Experience with engineering drawing drafting practices, as well as creating and interpreting engineering drawings.
- Knowledge/experience with machine design, tolerance analysis, basic material science, and structural and thermal finite element analysis (FEA).
- Proficient in computer-aided design (CAD), both 3D (SolidWorks or equivalent) and 2D (AutoCAD or equivalent).
- Able to Interpret Test Data and Specifications.
- Proven technical writing and documentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of task execution and generate results with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-based environment.
- Capable of effective time management and prioritization and making progress on multiple concurrent tasks.
- Comfortable with ambiguous project/task definition and able to propose alternative solutions to technical problems.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook software.
- Effective communicator, both orally and in writing.
- Experience with Engineering Change Order (ECO) processes.
- Experience with execution of functional, endurance, and environmental testing of electro mechanical devices.
- Experience documenting test procedures and results.
- Experience designing plastic enclosures.
- Experience with Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (DFMEA) techniques.
- Experience with third-party agency approval processes (UL, CSA, CE, etc.)
- Experience in HVAC, Commercial Cooking or fire protection industries.
- Able to read and interpret electrical schematics and wiring diagrams