We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join our client in the Framingham, Ma area on a contract basis.
- May have formal leadership responsibility for a product development project, achieving results by directing others or through your own actions. Plan, develop, coordinate and direct product development activities for mid-sized projects
- May act as Key individual contributor or member of internal or external project teams. Drive development of complex Parts, Sub-Assemblies and/or features
- Work on complex or novel assignments requiring the development of new or improved techniques and procedures, resulting in the development of refined equipment, materials, processes, products and/or scientific methods.
- Provide problem identification and solution support from concept stage of new product development to production manufacturing
- Support system engineering evaluation tests and equipment
- Interface with internal contacts and external suppliers to communicate and evaluate technical information as it relates to the product or area under development.
- Travel to design and/or manufacturing facilities as necessary to support development partners
- BS in Mechanical Engineering: MS preferred
- 6+ years of experience in the mechanical design and development of high volume consumer electronics, wearable or medical products.
- Proficiency with 3D CAD tools and PDM. Preferably NX / Windchill, Solidworks or other data managers is acceptable
- Experience working with metal forming, plastic part design for high volume injection molding, DFM/A
- Experience working with electronic components and PCB board transfer systems and layout tools.
- Sold Engineering Principles: Technical depth in the areas of structural mechanics, vibration and thermal design
- Experience working with multi-discipline teams
- Experience working with Global JDM or ODM's preferred
- Experience with hands on assembly, fabrication, prototype evaluation, manufacturing ramp-up and production release process