Our client located in Wilmington, MA is looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join their team on a long term contract.
This position requires a proven track-record with design & analysis and integration & test of payload level sensor systems for the aerospace and commercial community. Senior mechanical engineers are responsible for leading engineering analysis and test efforts of complex opto-mechanical systems, developing alternative designs to satisfy mission level requirements, documenting design approaches, establishing design verification & validation, and developing plans to manufacture and test payload sensor systems.
• BS in Mechanical Engineering, MS preferred.
• Minimum of nine years of experience in developing precision sensor systems for aerospace & military defense applications is required.
• Experience in system level hardware design & development with an emphasis in mechanical and structural analysis and test for space-based environments.
• Experience using both finite element modelling (FEM) and CAD tools, such as FEMAP/NASTRAN and Autodesk Inventor.
• Opto-Mechanical hardware design experience utilizing structured engineering process from requirement definition through design, development, and testing.
• Expert mechanical analysis background including tolerancing, thermal, structural (modal, stress, deflection).
• Structure and sensor level testing experience highly desired.
• Experience as a lead reviewer for mechanical analyses and design. Well versed in giving constructive feedback to all levels of engineering based on experience.