Long Term Contract
Summary of Position:
We currently seeking a Mechanical Inspector in the Milford area. This is a 1st shift Contract to Hire position.
This individual is responsible for supporting production within the Milford location. Responsibilities include sampling material for compliance to drawings and procedures, performing checks for verification by following inspection plans and using the appropriate measuring equipment, assisting operators on measuring equipment, communicating results to operators and Engineers, documenting results using Trackwise and other duties as they evolve. This position is hands-on in a fast-paced environment using a variety of measuring gauges and machines, while maintaining attention to detail and good inspection habits to ensure production quality.
- Use measuring instruments, engineering drawings, procedures, workmanship standards, etc. to perform inspection of parts and assemblies.?
- Maintain inspection records and compile results of all inspections for internal feedback reporting system (SAP/Trackwise).
- Complete discrepancy reports for non-conforming material (SAP) as needed.
- Operate automated inspection equipment, specifically programmable vision systems and CMM
- Vocational trades school, high school diploma, or equivalent education required; Formal trades, apprenticeship preferred
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience inspecting parts and product
- Proficient using a variety of micrometers and verniers, various gauges such as height, plug, bore, thread and ring, and other standard measuring devices.
- Experience using automated vision inspection, coordinate measuring machines (CMM),profilometers, and other such measuring devices.
- Working knowledge of mechanical drawings (Geometric Dimension and Tolerance - GD&T)
- Interpret, document and communicate results to appropriate departments and personnel.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Good leadership, facilitation, and communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Analytical thinker and problem solver