PCB Design Engineer
Our client located in Andover, MA is looking for a PCB Design Engineer to join their team on a contract basis.
Join a focused team of engineers bringing highly capable microelectronic solutions packaged in the most dense, most rugged, most secure physical modules possible to our nation’s warfighters and first responders.
Designs and analyzes mechanical systems, equipment and packaging. Conducts feasibility studies on new and modified designs. Directly support personnel in the preparation of detailed design, design for testing and prototype fabrication. Provides design information to drafting for packaging documentation. As needed design tooling to facilitate manufacturing process of the product.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- High density PCB design layouts that includes Power, Digital, Analog and RF layouts.
- Interface with Mechanical engineers, Suppliers, Component Engineering, Program Managers and Project team members as needed to develop cost effective high quality design.
- Understand and develop with the engineering team on material selection, impedance calculations, high speed design, cross talk limits, differential pairs, PCB stack-ups, PCB via structures, etc. during the design phase, and generate and perform reviews on the artwork and drawings once the design is ready for fabrication and assembly
- Role requires in depth knowledge of PCB design including multi-layer, HDI, blind and buried vias, new technology BGA’s, RF and EMC designs
- Coordinates with other internal departments affected by design development
- Regular attendance is required
- May occasionally be required to work overtime
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years of experience with PCB layout and design using Mentor Graphics PADS/Cadence Allegro APD layout tools for PCBs. Must be proficient with all aspects of the tools, including use of constraint manager and manufacturing functions, as well as padstack and library symbol creation
- An AS in electronics, or, a 2-year technical certificate with in-depth knowledge of digital circuit theory, or, 3+ years of equivalent industry experience
- Package design experience is a plus
- Must be a US Citizen
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Clear understanding of layout techniques in Digital, Analog and RF layouts
- Knowledge of state of the art electronic packaging techniques
- Solid design experience with HDI stackups, including use of blind/buried micro vias and specialty RF dielectric materials, and trace width/spacing down to 2/2 or below
- Experience using a CAM package for manufacturing data validation. Knowledge CAM350 is preferred
- Working knowledge of JEDEC /IPC design, fabrication, and assembly specifications
- Experience creating assembly documentation and fabrication deliverables per detailed company and industry standards
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD. Must be able to import, modify and export DXF PCB outline data
- Experience using a schematic/netlist driven CAD layout process
- Experience in with flip chip, wire bond, surface mount, die stacking, package stacking, substrate stacking and other techniques