Our client located in Wheeling, IL is looking for a Plastics Engineer to join their team on a contract basis.
Plastics Engineering degree preferred, 10-20 years of experience in specifying, approving, validating injection mold tooling for tight tolerance medical device components. Working with medical device OEM’s to take their designs from detailed drawing and solid model, provide DFM for design and tooling, and direct the validation at internal and external injection molders.
Comprehensive experience and knowledge in:
1. Understanding injection molded plastic component designs, drawings, materials.
2. Geometric Design and Tolerancing (GD&T) of plastic components.
3. Injection mold design, function, construction methods, tooling materials, finishes.
4. Working with outside suppliers to specify prototype, class 103-class 101 injection molds.
5. Medical device documentation (IQ, OQ, PQ, Gage R&R, PFMEA, etc.)
6. Capability statistics (Cp, CpK, PpK, normality, etc)
7. Plastics processing fundamentals and theory
8. Plastics materials and processing knowledge on engineering resins (PC, PSU, PPSU, PEEK, ABS, etc)
9. Running Moldflow flow analysis software and/or interpreting results of filling, cooling, warping, core shift, etc.
10. Experience in a contract manufacturing environment preferred.