We are searching for a Project Coordinator/Program Manager in Ashland, MA. This person will be responsible for assisting program managers with a wide range of product development projects. They will also be responsible for assisting the engineering programs by coordinating multi-functional project teams and providing regular communication to executive leadership This is a long term contract position. $25-$26/hr DOE. Drug and background check required.
Job Scope of the Project Coordinator:
- Accomplishes department objectives by establishing and tracking project and program budgets. Defines and monitors project and program schedules by identifying work tasks and status.
- Lead and communicate project milestones to executive steering committee. Maintain complete project schedule by coordinating with cross functional team leaders.
- Advanced knowledge of PowerPoint and Project with the ability to create and update presentations in preparation for executive leadership review
- Meets work requirements by following production, engineering, quality, program management, product management, process engineering and customer-service standard work; resolving operational or logistical problems; identifying work process improvements.
- Meets cost standards by monitoring expenses; implementing cost-saving actions where applicable.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in team meetings, touring plant and observing R&D tests.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Coordinate project materials and the use of shared resources; identify resource constraints, and assist with corrective action plans to remedy any issues
- Provide regular updates and communication on project status to management
Experience/Qualifications of the Project Coordinator:
- 2-5 years experience in project or program management
- Bachelors Degree strongly preferred
- Project Coordination, Foster Teamwork, Quality Management, Tracking Budget Expenses, Project schedule experience
- MS Project, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint experience required
- Results Driven, Time Management skills, Proactive, Teamwork skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of project financial reporting
- Ability to communicate clearly across all levels of leadership
- Self-starter, highly motivated individual with the ability to work on their own without managerial or supervisory assistance.