Our client located in Wilmington, Ma is looking for a Project Engineer to join their team on a contract basis.
The primary purpose of this job is to manage multiple New Product Development (NPD) and/or engineering projects of moderate complexity. Works with internal and external customers and technical resources to ensure the effective execution of each project to the defined deliverables. Leads cross functional teams that may include such functions as Design Engineering, Operations Supply Chain, and Quality to complete assigned projects
- Manages multiple cross-functional team projects to comply with cost, schedule and technical performance using established design control processes to meet project commitments.
- Maintains the organization’s vision and values at the forefront of decision making and action.
- Develops project plans, schedules and cost estimates for assigned NPD and engineering projects. Prepares and manages project budgets. Inputs required project data into an Electronic Project Management software package to ensure visibility of resource management and project status. Maintains and drives action items for the projects to ensure completion by the various teams’ members.
- Maintains strong relationships with internal and external customers to ensure on time project deliverables. Serves as a customer technical point of contact.
- Provides regular updates to Sales, Operations, Quality, Finance and other departments within the company to ensure project deliverables are on track. Coordinates risk mitigation actions to ensure project plans are protected and deliverables achieved on time and on budget.
- Initiates communications, regularly, with management regarding the status of current projects, obtaining management guidance and approval as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or other Technical field.
- 3-5+ years of experience leading multiple new product development or engineering project teams from concept through commercialization.
- Previous project management experience with Medical Device and/or other regulated environments through manufacturing transfer desired
- Previous working experience with and knowledge of Project Management principles, practices, techniques and tools is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of electrical and mechanical design elements, rapid prototyping, system integration, test and manufacturing engineering are strongly desired.
- Previous experience with developing engineering change orders, maintaining configuration control, and rigorously following product development process (PDP) management systems is desired. Experience developing product specifications, risk analyses, and system test strategies desired.
- Design Control experience working within ISO 9001 and 13485 Quality Management Systems is strongly desired
- Proficient knowledge of PC software applications including Microsoft Office and MS Project.
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing System elements and Design for Manufacturing doctrines desired.
- Experience with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) tools is desired