QA Laboratory Associate
Looking for a Chemistry Lab Technician in Milford, MA.
- 1 year contract position
- $22-$26/hr depending on experience
The Chemistry Lab Technician will work under the direction and supervision of the Sr. Operations Quality Engineer and will perform data acquisition and analysis for adherence to Waters Critical Clean™ Specification in the Quality Assurance Laboratory. The Chemistry Lab Tech will participate in method development, runs analytical methods (e.g. mass spectrometry, liquid chromatography, liquid particle counting and air particle counting), analyzes laboratory results, interprets data, and reports conclusions.
Responsibilities of the Chemistry Lab Technician:
This position is an entry level role within a Quality Assurance laboratory. This individual is responsible for supporting the Waters Quality Assurance Laboratory within the Milford Massachusetts site by analyzing samples related to product testing, verification testing, and test method development/validation. This includes responsibility for day-to-day analysis, laboratory and instrument maintenance, and method development. Additional responsibilities will include supporting investigations of failure analysis and improvement activities related to product and process quality. This position is hands-on in a fast-paced environment which will interact with multiple functions (R&D, Machining Center, Engineering, Test Engineering, Reliability Engineering) and sites (sister manufacturing sites and contract manufacturers) to resolve quality issues.
- Execute day-to-day product acceptance and release testing within the Quality Assurance Laboratory using mass spectrometry techniques, liquid chromatography, particle counting, and other instrumentation.
- Support development of test methods for cleaning validation and daily Quality Control testing.
- Support and monitor ongoing laboratory equipment, e.g. calibrations, preventive maintenance, supplies, and safety practices.
- Develop, modify, and maintain quality evaluation and control systems/protocols within the Quality Assurance Laboratory.
- Develop standard operating procedures, quality protocols, qualification documents (IQOQPQ), and lab test methods for product acceptance activities.
- Collaborate with internal customers to ensure quality standards are in place.
- Support various validation activities within the quality operations group.
Education for the Chemistry Lab Tech:
- Bachelors Degree in Science (e.g. Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology), Engineering (e.g. Chemical, Materials, Environmental), or technical field with emphasis on laboratory and analytical skills. Other technical degrees will be considered.
Experience for the Chemistry Lab Tech:
- Laboratory experience within industry or academic environment
- Willingness to learn and accept feedback to improve
- Excellent report writing
- Superior leadership, facilitation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently across multiple organizations
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills and ability to learn quickly