Our client in the Plattsburgh, NY area has an immediate need for a Quality Engineer for a contract assignment. This is a 6 month position with the possibility of going full time.
Provide quality engineering support to the company during installation and testing of leading edge additive manufacturing machines and during the manufacturing of titanium components.
Help define and maintain the Quality Management System of Companies as the company transitions from a research and development company to a world-class manufacturer of titanium components and additive manufacturing machines.
Work tasks and responsibilities
- Responsible for quality control of all raw material, production of parts and machines
- Perform receiving, in-process, and final inspections
- Responsible for maintaining calibration of measurement equipment
- Perform internal calibrations
- Identify gaps in the Quality Management System. Propose, prepare and update QMS documents to close gaps.
- Assist in system approvals of the QMS, assuring compliance with ISO 9001/AS9100 and customer requirements
- Support Material Review Board activities, investigate and resolve nonconformance issues.
- Perform internal and supplier quality audits
- Support management reviews and corrective action boards (CAB)
- Propose and implement improvements to increase profitability, competitiveness, reliability, quality, safety.
- Support policies on Quality and Health, Safety and Environment
Preferred education background and professional experience
- Quality engineering skills and experience
- Technical education at a Bachelor or Master degree level
- Knowledge and experience in 3D printing, CNC manufacturing, or Supplier Quality
- Experience from lean manufacturing for aerospace or automotive customers
- Experience in Lean Six Sigma
- Experience from material testing and inspection
- Familiarity with MS Office suite
- Highly effective team player with strong communication skills and ability to influence activity outside the direct chain of command
- Self-starter with ability to work in a highly cross-functional matrix within a dynamic, global organization
- Structured and accurate in daily work
- Reliable and trustworthy