We are looking for a Quality Engineer to join our client in Northampton, Ma on a contract basis.
The Quality Engineer will plan, analyze, survey and control to assure adherence to applicable quality requirements. Review new contracts to determine the quality assurance requirements and flow down requirements. Develop plans and methods for assigned programs to assure adherence to all contractual quality requirements and Division policies and procedures.
- Plan, analyze, survey and control to assure that all applicable quality requirements are adhered to in all phases of a program, including engineering design through customer acceptance.
- Review new contracts to determine the quality assurance requirements and flow down requirements to the appropriate departments or personnel within the division. Develop plans and methods for assigned programs to assure adherence to all contractual quality requirements and Division policies and procedures.
- Prepare progress or status reports as required. Confer with Program Managers on progress, cause and corrective action, risk mitigation plans and support cost reduction programs.
- Schedule and control the completion of program specific quality assurance tasks, follow up quality assurance action items and assure all quality contract requirements are met.
- Coordinate and lead the resolution of non-conformances, including MRB and corrective actions for assigned programs.
- Participate in Engineering design reviews, review engineering drawings for conformance to quality requirements and sign off on approved drawings.
- Specify test requirements and assist Engineering in the development of test procedures and the design of test equipment.
- Assist in resolving inspection, test method and test equipment problems. Review and approve test methods and procedures submitted by vendors.
- Review assigned Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Requests for Quotation (RFQs), determine quality assurance requirements and support Program Management and/or Contracts in the preparation of proposals. Prepare, or support the preparation of, cost estimates.
- Perform on site surveillance and audits of major suppliers and source inspect major components and subsystems. Perform ISO 9001 re-certification and audit tasks as assigned.
- Must have 5 + years’ relevant quality engineering experience working in a production environment on US military programs
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001 principles (2008 or 2015)
- Must have a continuous improvement mind-set
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Management or other related field. QE Certification preferred.