The Davis Companies is partnering with a large aerospace manufacturer in Oxnard, CA that is looking for a Senior Drafter to join their team. In this role, you have the opportunity to apply scientific principles to design, structure development, machines, tools, systems or manufacturing processes.
Responsibilities of Senior Drafter
• Creates and modifies detailed drawings using CAD hardware and software from sketches, layouts or notes provided by engineering.
• Completes details of major layout drawings prepared by others in accordance with standard engineering drafting practices
• Utilizes computer-aided design equipment and/or graphic tools such as, CAD, CAM or CATIA
• Combines various details from sketches, drawings, or blueprints and makes required calculations.
• Incumbent works from data such as previous drawings, layouts, detailed sketches, notes, verbal instructions, and standard references directed by engineers
• Contributes design modifications to facilitate manufacturing operation or quality of product.
• Checks drawing plots versus the project input for correctness and conformance to standards.
• Works with engineers regarding model accuracy, design, drafting standards and ECN/ECR documentation.
Qualifications of the Senior Drafter:
• 5 years of experience in the RF industry or equivalent
• Experience using Solidworks and AutoCAD (Autodesk Inventor is a plus)