Davis Engineering is partnering with a growing Electronics Manufacturing company in Southern New Hampshire to hire a contract Solidworks Drafter. This position requires strong Solidworks background, and a certification would be a bonus. If interested in this role, please apply with your Word formatted resume. To expedite the process, resumes can be sent directly to Rich Gardner at email@example.com in addition to applying here.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
This position is responsible for utilizing computer-aided design systems to create and revise technical drawings for product manufacturing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create mechanical, electrical and optical components and assemblies using 3D solid modeling and/or 2D CAD software, with information provided by engineering personnel.
- Support fixture and tooling design efforts using 3D solid modeling and/or 2D CAD software.
- Create and manage associated engineering drawings and documentation.
- Manage assigned workload to ensure timely completion under rigid quality standards.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects within the department and overall business improvement programs as needed.
Education and Experience:
- A.S. degree in drafting/design technology, or equivalent, preferred.
- 2-4 years work experience in a CAD/CAE environment.
- Certified SolidWorks Associate (CSWA) required (in place or obtained within 6 months).
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Intermediate skills in 3D solid modeling/drafting using SolidWorks software.
- Intermediate skills in 2D drafting using AutoCAD software.
- Intermediate knowledge of conventional engineering drawing practices per ASME Y14 standards.
- Basic knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) per ASME Y14.5.
- Basic knowledge of machining operations and shop practices.
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc).
- Corporate Shared Values
- Engineering/R&D Systems
- ERP System Overview