Long Term Contract
Waters Corporation's Field Services Organization is comprised of highly skilled, motivated and customer focused professionals that are technical experts on Waters’ product suite. As a Solutions Consultant, working for an industry leader, you'll join a global team of specialists that are crucial to ensure Waters’ legendary service for our customers who utilize our scientific instrumentation and software.
In this role, you'll have the opportunity to provide technical expertise on Waters' innovative product suite (NuGenesis and Empower) for multiple customer laboratories spanning across the Pharmaceutical & Life Sciences, Chemical Materials, Clinical, Food, Environmental, Forensics, Academia and Government industries.
- Work closely with the Regional Informatics Services Manager and Sales Representative during the pre-sales operation to introduce, prototype and demonstrate Waters laboratory informatics products and/or application solutions to prospective customers. The Solutions Consultant must understand the technology, industry environment and the sales process.
- Demonstrate standard features and functions of Waters Informatics products to a diverse audience.
- Project management skills and the ability to communicate at diverse levels of the organizational chart.
- Communicate with both technical system administrators and non- technical managers or directors.
- Create and give technical presentations based on customer environments
- Create a framework of a solution using combination of existing applications and enhancements through an application's SDK or API (Desired)
- Explain and present difficult concepts and solutions on a whiteboard
- Coordinate and conduct end-user and advanced customer training on Waters Laboratory Informatics products
- Troubleshoot and solve technical issues independently.
- BS/BA in Chemistry or Biology, engineering or other science related field is desired, will also consider applications with equivalent experience, training and education
- 5 + years experience in a technical role, preferably with a customer service orientation.
- Experience supporting scientific application software in an enterprise-wide environment strongly preferred.
- Previous experience scoping and developing applications as it relates to EDMS, LIMS, ELN or CDS and/or other application systems used in the pharmaceutical, biotech, chemical or specialty chemical industries preferred.
- Previous experience supporting Empower Chromatography Data System or NuGenesis strongly preferred.
- Expertise with one of the following languages: C#, Visual Basic, Visual Studio.NET, Visual Basic for Applications, JAVA, and SQL/plus preferred.
- GLP, GMP, GxP and 21 FDA CFR11 knowledge preferred
- Ability to travel at least 20% or more.
- Must possess a strong customer focus
- Strong communication skills; ability to communicate effectively to a diverse audience with specific customer needs
- Personal sense of integrity
- Effective time management skills
- System level approach to problem solving
- Analytical mindset with a strong drive to resolve open issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills