Sr. Design Engineer
Our client located in Wilmington, MA is looking for a Sr. Design Engineer to join their team on a contract basis.
The primary purpose of this job is to design and take new products from concept through production. Identify and evaluate procedures and process equipment required to produce a quality product.
- Develops new and unique approaches to complex problems and advance technology beyond previous company involvement.
- Initiates, directs and manages the design, development, constructing and modification of products and processes from conception to implementation. Works closely with other departments to coordinate design engineering activities. Reviews, initiates or approves engineering drawings, layouts, changes orders and specifications.
- Plans/develops engineering projects concerned with unique or high-profile problems which have important effect on major organization programs.
- Identifies and procures the appropriate process equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- 7-10 years of experience.
- Computer skills as required by stated accountabilities. Advanced word-processing and spreadsheet skills. Complex problem solving skills.
- Experience with injection molded plastics, metals, mechanisms, and actuators.
- Strong background in Design for Manufacturing (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA)
- Knowledge of fixture design in a plus.