The Sr. Mechanical Systems Analyst will be responsible for the development, integration and testing of an aircraft modernization program (aerial refueling, environmental control, auxiliary power, auto-pilot, on-board oxygen generation system, re-engineering, etc.).
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into subsystems and hardware specifications.
- Perform system and subsystem integration, technical risk assessments, technical planning, verification and validation, and supportability/effectiveness analysis.
- Perform requirement decompositions from top level specifications to lower level specifications.
- Originate specifications, control documents, verification and validation plans, procedures, reports, or other documentation in support of design and development activities
- Prepare and conduct periodic design reviews – both internal and external with customers.
- Lead the system/aircraft validation process, including the process for assessing whether a requirement is verified, configuration management of verification data, and system level validation.
- Ensure personnel and financial resources align with schedule and cost baselines and report earned value management data.
- Manage team resources within a matrix organization with the ability to, organize, prioritize, and schedule work assignments.
- Manage subcontractor progress on deliverables, ensuring end-products meet product specifications, requirements, and align with financial and schedule baselines.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
- Required: BS ME or equivalent experience in related technical field with 5+ years of experience
EXPERIENCE, SKILL, AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Engineer with strong background in systems engineering, certification and flight test
- Experience with aircraft level system hardware and software integration, specifically with Aircraft Environmental Control or Fuel Systems Design Systems
- Strong technical problem solving skills and ability to develop innovative technical solutions
- Very familiar with DoD/Commercial FAA (or similar) program requirements for airframe manufacture & certification testing
- Desired: experience with integration & testing of major aircraft systems into legacy/out-of-production aircraft
- Desired: working knowledge of IFS software
- Strong written and verbal communication skills