Our client, located in Chaska, MN is looking for a Supplier Quality Engineer to join their team on a contract basis.
The Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible for driving exceptional product quality for the patient safety, customer value beyond expectations, regulatory assurance, and optimized Cost of Quality for Client. This is a key technical and leadership position, affecting part quality. Perform internal audits and supplier audits. Interacts with customers and suppliers in support of engineering projects.
- Improve supplier quality performance for assigned suppliers
- Manage supplier audit program and overall supplier approval/rating program through robust qualification processes.
- Assure supplier compliance to Client QMS and regulatory requirements through supplier monitoring process.
- Manage the supplier process change process.
- Develop positive relationships and work closely with Engineering and Supply Chain to manage and implement supplier/engineering changes, New Product Introductions, and transfers.
- Interface with Suppliers, Engineering, Operations and Supply Chain to drive Quality improvements that minimize the Costs of Quality, specifically Incoming Rejects, Failures, and operational defects.
- Work with product support teams on component quality issues and supplier initiatives.
- Work directly with vendors under the control of the Client's QMS. This involves travel to supplier sites so this person must be available to travel at short notice.
- Support implementation of initiatives such as “Supplied Data” and “Dock to Stock”.
- Assure Corrective and Preventive Action plans are developed and executed at assigned suppliers in compliance with the CAPA process.
- Develop and support Supplier Quality Engineering program.
- Review document and procedure changes for quality requirements and compliance with the quality system.
- Provide quality support for the disposition of material.
- Support the implementation of continuous improvement initiatives for productive processes.
- Comply with all work rules including those pertaining to safety, health, and quality.
- Provide leadership and guidance to QC Technicians who perform receiving inspection activities.