The Test Engineer will interact with and support other engineering groups to define, document, analyze, perform, and interpret tests for products, systems, components, or modifications. They will identify functional problems and suggest resolutions in a team environment. They will also assist in the definition of internal quality control standards and the maintenance of reliability programs. They will analyze test processes and provide regular progress reports.
- Participate on NPI team to insure designs meet manufacturing requirements for DFT, & DFx.
- Understand and implament manufacturing test requirements and work with Engineering to maximize use of embedded diagnostics and other engineering-provided test tools
- Support End-to-End Manufacturing Test Plans/Strategy for an entire product line. Achieving goals, objectives, timelines, and requirements.
- Manage and maintain all manufacturing test fixtures and test programs and test documentation; implement test strategy with contract manufacturers (PCBA, sub-system & System level)
- Review pre-production test results and yeilds to assess production readiness.
- Provide technical support for product specific issues at suppliers, monitor supplier processes, collect, analyze, & report data, and initiate corrective actions as required, expedite product related corrective actions.
- Participate on failure analysis teams and review and analyze data to drive corrective actions as required.
Required Education, Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
- BSEE or BTEE or equivalent required.
- Broad Manufacturing Test experience with electrical, mechanical, and electromechanical products
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks as assigned by management.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
Desired Education, Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience in electrical and/or mechanical testing Military product experience is a plus.
- Experience working with contract manufacturers.
- Knowledge in LabVIEW programming.
- Familiarity with Windchill and SVN is a plus.
- Familiarity with PCBA design is a plus (Altium)
- Familiarity with mechanical modeling is a plus (Pro/E)
- SPC/DOE/Six Sigma/lean manufacturing tool skills a plus