IT Operations Engineer II
IT Operations Engineer II
IT Operations Engineer
Temp to Hire
The IT Operations Engineer (Level 2) plays a key role in supporting the End Users as well as the Systems and Technology that they rely on daily to perform their essential job-duties. The successful candidate will provide technical support of the Network Infrastructure and manage both End-User and Systems generated incidents through to resolution while working closely with a cross-functional team of resources including 3rd party Service Providers.
The IT Operations Engineer provides diligent oversight and management of ongoing issues ensuring efficient and valuable end-user communication, guidance, and stewardship across the organization. This resource will be the primary technical interface to our users.
The nature of our business demands that the person in this role has strong interpersonal skills including the ability to develop effective working relationships, a demonstrated customer focus and a demonstrated ability to support end-users of varied technical ability through change.
Essential Job Functions:
- Respond to and Resolve problems escalated to the IT Operations Team
- Provide first/second level contact and problem resolution for End-User issues
- Provide timely communication on issue status and resolution
- Maintain ticket updates for all reported incidents.
- Update and maintain IT Operations Documentation and Knowledgebase articles
- Review and update Help Desk documentation as assigned
- Review and create KB articles
- Service Request fulfillment and Project-based work
- Field tickets escalated to the IT Operations team. Troubleshoot, Resolve, and Escalate as needed
- Administer end-user accounts including the creation and decommissioning across Active Directory and other Milton CAT specific systems
- Maintain and deploy PC images
- PC Maintenance and Repair
- Work with vendors to resolve issues when required
- Continually update and improve knowledgebase documentation.
- Continuously improve upon technical skills sets within assigned areas of expertise
- 3+ years’ experience providing user and IT systems support in person and over the phone
- Ability to take part in an on-call rotation requiring occasional after-hours availability (both onsite and remote)
- Able to multi-task by working on multiple open tickets simultaneously.
- Experienced in working in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and projects.
- Able to investigate, analyze and troubleshoot end-user issues.
- Comfortable making decisions on issue resolution without supervision.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal, written, and customer service skills.
- Motivated to learn new skills and technology practices; focuses on continual knowledge-based improvement.
- Demonstrated Support Experience in the following areas:
- Windows Operating system - Windows 10
- MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project) – 2000-2016
- Email support – Exchange & POP
- MS Active Directory Administration
- O365 Administration and support
- Citrix desktop support
- Basic network support:
- Understanding of a domain/corporate IT environment including PC/Laptop setup
- Basic knowledge of network technologies (LAN, WAN, Wireless)
- VPN clients (Cisco, SonicWall, Fortinet, etc.)
- Computer hardware support:
- Troubleshoot issues with laptops, desktops, and thin clients
- USB device support and other peripherals
- Printer support:
- Setup/install local, wireless, and network printers
- Troubleshoot hardware printer issues
- Mobile device support:
- Setup and troubleshoot issue with iPhone, Windows Mobile, Android, etc.
- Install and troubleshoot broadband wireless devices and software
- Microsoft SQL
- Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Veeam Data Protection
- Foundational understanding of / certification in ITIL
- Cisco VIOP (CUCM) administration
- VMWare / VSphere
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Your supervisor may request and assign you other duties as needed.