Our industry client is looking to add assembler positions to their organization in Milford, MA. This cutting edge company in the research industry offers an amazing benefits package and has 3 cafeterias on-site. Check out this contract to hire job and be part of this growing industry.
Perform complex electro-mechanical and optical assembly as assigned, contributing to daily production requirements in both an individual and team environment. Perform subassembly and test functions as necessary to support product build and analysis.
- Primary duties include electro-mechanical assembly, subassembly, and basic test functions to assist the department in meeting production schedules and quality goals, while assisting in other duties as directed by department manager.
- Provide support as necessary by assisting in troubleshooting problems associated with systems, instruments, modules, sub-assemblies, processes, tooling, and material.
- Assist in determining the corrective action for problems identified in instruments, assemblies, processes, tooling, and material.
- Participate in cross training across a variety of operations for assembly, test or operation of new and existing instrument, equipment, or processes.
- Participate with department support functions in the following areas:
- Implement methods to improve manufacturing processes.
- Assist in reviewing and/or updating documentation for processes and assembly equipment.
- Assist in transferring new products, assemblies, equipment and processes from New Product Introduction into Instrument Operations.
- Gather, correlate and assist in analyzing process/product quality data.
- Perform other duties as required.
Ability to assemble complex electro/mechanical instrumentation and assemblies using appropriate tooling, fixtures, and equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret documentation (procedures, process sheets, drawings, etc).
- Ability to perform basic troubleshooting on assemblies and instruments in preparation for final test and evaluation.
- Effective communication skills and ability to work in both an individual and team environment.
- Ability to work non-standard/additional hours when necessary based on production demands.
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.