Responsibilities of Assembler II:
- On a daily basis, performs manual assembly duties using microscopes, halo light and soldering irons.
- Review document package including WIP Traveler, Assembly Prints, and special instructions provided by the customer.
- Duties include color coding, dispensing solder paste, hand placing small components from 0201, small IC’s, diodes, LED’s, connectors, fine pitch, leadless components, and switches with the use of different manufacturing tools and supplies underneath a microscope.
- Assembly of cables per customer supplied documentation. Assemblies are either reflowed by the reflow oven or are hand soldered to J-STD-001. Performs In-Process inspection before and after reflow to ensure accuracy, polarity and centering of parts on each PCBA.
- May assist with auto-assisted (SMT) assembly, Final Inspection and shipping/receiving when needed.
- Overall responsibility includes low-volume production support, customer repair/rework/modifications, and manufacturing support.