The Assembler I prepares product for systems level assembly to include unpacking, set-up, assembly, final packaging and repair as required.
Essential Functions and Competencies
- Accesses the appropriate paperwork and necessary drawings for each job assignment.
- Verifies kits, enters Batch lot information, packages and labels accessory items according to documented instructions.
- Uses appropriate mats and all required tooling.
- Checks equipment (torque wrenches, screwdrivers, etc.) to ensure proper performance.
- May assemble a variety of systems integration sub assemblies.
- Notifies leadership of any shut down situations.
- Enters data into Process Feedback System (PFS) and links subassemblies to final unit.
- Enters quantities into Operations Complete (Baan) when required.
- Builds sub-assemblies and adds labels per manufacturing instructions and schematic drawings.
- Performs systems integration specific hand solder and inspection operations per documented instructions.
- Performs F-cert function to ensure final units have passed through all necessary operations.
- Performs final inspection of unit to ensure there are no visible defects or finger prints and wipes down unit as needed.
- Adds user manuals, accessory packs, cables, labels, etc per documented instructions.
- May assist manufacturing engineering in basic prototype and pre-production builds.
- Uses manufacturing routings and process instructions under minimal supervision.
- Responsible for the Quality of work to ensure BEI meets, or exceeds Customer Satisfaction.
- Mentors other co-workers in assembly activities.
Qualifications / Education / Experience
- Demonstrates good component recognition skills.
- Understands basic computer skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates high attention to detail.
- Demonstrates discretion, confidentiality, and professionalism when representing the company.
- Supports a 24/7 global business operation as required.
- Able to work overtime as needed.
- Work with diverse groups.
- Ability to read, write and perform basic math
- Participates in a continuous improvement activity.
1+ years of experience in basic SI assembly (new build lines, subassembly/final assembly)
Candidate must have High School diploma or GED.