Assembly Specialist II
Searching for an Electro-Mechanical Assembler in Milford, MA 6:30AM - 3PM. In this position you'll have the opportunity to work in a fast paced environment providing electro/mechanical assembly and test to scientific instruments. This is a temporary position with the opportunity to go permanent. Drug and background test required.
Responsibilities of the Electro-Mechanical Assembler:
- Primary duties include electro-mechanical assembly and test functions to assist the department in meeting production schedules and quality goals, while assisting in other duties as directed by department manager.
- Provide daily support to department by assisting in troubleshooting problems associated with systems, instruments, modules, sub-assemblies, processes, tooling, and material.
- Assist in determining and initiating the corrective action for problems identified in instruments, assemblies, processes, tooling, and material.
- Provide training for department personnel for assembly, test or operation of new and existing instrument, equipment, or processes.
- Coordinate with Manufacturing Engineering on the following areas:
- Implement methods to improve manufacturing processes.
- Assist in reviewing and/or updating documentation for processes and assembly equipment.
- Ability to perform measurements using standard measuring devices (calipers, micrometers, etc).
- Assist in transferring new products, assemblies, equipment and processes from New Product Introduction into Instrument Operations.
- Gather, correlate and assist in analyzing process/product quality data.
Requirements of the Electro-Mechanical Assembler:
- High School education with 2 years minimum experience or equivalent in an electro-mechanical assembly and test environment preferred.
- Additional ongoing education and classes in electro-mechanical and chemical analysis strongly preferred.