Perform complex electro-mechanical and optical assembly as assigned, contributing to daily production requirements in both an individual and team environment. Perform subassembly and test functions as necessary to support product build and analysis. Assist the department team to analyze and determine corrective actions for problems associated with HPLC instruments, systems or manufacturing processes. Support department quality objectives and quality systems adherence.
Primary duties include electro-mechanical assembly, subassembly, and basic test functions to assist the department in meeting production schedules and quality goals, while assisting in other duties as directed by department manager.
- Provide support as necessary by assisting in troubleshooting problems associated with systems, instruments, modules, sub-assemblies, processes, tooling, and material.
- Assist in determining the corrective action for problems identified in instruments, assemblies, processes, tooling, and material.
- Participate in cross training across a variety of operations for assembly, test or operation of new and existing instrument, equipment, or processes.
- Participate with department support functions in the following areas:
- Implement methods to improve manufacturing processes.
- Assist in reviewing and/or updating documentation for processes and assembly equipment.
- Assist in transferring new products, assemblies, equipment and processes from New Product Introduction into Instrument Operations.
- Gather, correlate and assist in analyzing process/product quality data.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High School education or equivalent with 2 years minimum experience in an electro mechanical assembly and test environment preferred.