Our client in the Aerospace industry is looking for a Buyer to join their team.
This position is responsible for sourcing, negotiating, buying and managing a wide range of purchase requisitions in support of production, engineering, business development and other internal organizations in a compliant manner aligned with internal policies and procedures.
• Issue requests for quotes/proposals (RFQ/RFP) and select best source consistent with cost, quality and delivery requirements for electronic, mechanical, optical and/or electro-mechanical components.
• Able to evaluate bid responses, negotiate price, terms and conditions, delivery schedules, and place purchase orders in accordance with division policies, procedures and government regulations.
• Monitor MRP action and exception messages daily, place orders, and align supply and demand daily.
• Track material status to production need date. Follow through on action items to align schedule and provide clear and open communication with planners and materials managers.
• Analyze atypical material requirements versus inventory and order status, determine criticality, coordinate with suppliers to develop plans, and make recommendations to management
• Work with suppliers on rejected material and claims resulting from purchase order changes or terminations.
• Act as liaison between suppliers and involved departments to resolve procurement related problems.
• Monitor supplier performance and take corrective action as necessary.
• Maintain accurate and consistent master data
• Support bids and proposals and NPI processes by target pricing initiatives
• Verifies and approves payment of invoices for orders received as required with accounts payable driving resolution of issues.
• Deliver cost savings, payment channel compliance and supplier optimization
• Assess change needs, impacts, and stakeholder management activities and support change management integration activities
• Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
• Develop and maintain supplier profiles.
• Investigate and Develop negotiation plans
• Develop alternate sources while reducing overall vendor base.
• Compiles information to keep informed on price trends and manufacturing processes.
• Studies market trends and interviews suppliers. Make recommendations to management of suppliers to be placed on the approved vendor list
• Conduct Supply risk mitigation analysis and develop contingency plans
• Always perform Procurement activities with the highest ethical standards consistent with company policies and requirements.
• Ensures small business program is utilized and guidelines followed
• Ensure complete flow-down of customer contractual requirements
Qualifications of the Buyer II
• BA or BS in Materials Management, Procurement, Business Administration, Operations Planning or a related field, preferred.
• CPM or APICS certification preferred
• A minimum 5-7 years relevant procurement experience,
• Strong working knowledge of procurement, planning and scheduling fundamentals.
• Must have good working knowledge of MRPII system. ERP experience in Materials/Procurement modules
• Above average knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
• Experience purchasing electronic, mechanical, optical and electro-mechanical components.
• Experience with developing RFQ/RFP, negotiations, contracts, preparing financial analysis, material acquisition, expediting and coordination of shipping arrangements.
• Experience with managing multiple commodity areas and tasks effectively in a fast paced work environment.
• Knowledge of ITAR restrictions, and FAR/DFAR requirements a plus