Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Our client in the Aerospace industry is looking for a Buyer to join their team.
This position is responsible for sourcing, negotiating, buying and managing a wide range of purchase requisitions in support of production, engineering, business development and other internal organizations in a compliant manner aligned with internal policies and procedures.
• Issue requests for quotes/proposals (RFQ/RFP) and select best source consistent with cost, quality and delivery requirements for electronic, mechanical, optical and/or electro-mechanical components.
• Able to evaluate bid responses, negotiate price, terms and conditions, delivery schedules, and place purchase orders in accordance with division policies, procedures and government regulations.
• Monitor MRP action and exception messages daily, place orders, and align supply and demand daily.
• Track material status to production need date. Follow through on action items to align schedule and provide clear and open communication with planners and materials managers.
• Analyze atypical material requirements versus inventory and order status, determine criticality, coordinate with suppliers to develop plans, and make recommendations to management
• Work with suppliers on rejected material and claims resulting from purchase order changes or terminations.
• Act as liaison between suppliers and involved departments to resolve procurement related problems.
• Monitor supplier performance and take corrective action as necessary.
• Maintain accurate and consistent master data
• Support bids and proposals and NPI processes by target pricing initiatives
• Verifies and approves payment of invoices for orders received as required with accounts payable driving resolution of issues.
• Deliver cost savings, payment channel compliance and supplier optimization
• Assess change needs, impacts, and stakeholder management activities and support change management integration activities
• Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
• Develop and maintain supplier profiles.
• Investigate and Develop negotiation plans
• Develop alternate sources while reducing overall vendor base.
• Compiles information to keep informed on price trends and manufacturing processes.
• Studies market trends and interviews suppliers. Make recommendations to management of suppliers to be placed on the approved vendor list
• Conduct Supply risk mitigation analysis and develop contingency plans
• Always perform Procurement activities with the highest ethical standards consistent with company policies and requirements.
• Ensures small business program is utilized and guidelines followed
• Ensure complete flow-down of customer contractual requirements
Qualifications of the Buyer II
• BA or BS in Materials Management, Procurement, Business Administration, Operations Planning or a related field, preferred.
• CPM or APICS certification preferred
• A minimum 5-7 years relevant procurement experience,
• Strong working knowledge of procurement, planning and scheduling fundamentals.
• Must have good working knowledge of MRPII system. ERP experience in Materials/Procurement modules
• Above average knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
• Experience purchasing electronic, mechanical, optical and electro-mechanical components.
• Experience with developing RFQ/RFP, negotiations, contracts, preparing financial analysis, material acquisition, expediting and coordination of shipping arrangements.
• Experience with managing multiple commodity areas and tasks effectively in a fast paced work environment.
• Knowledge of ITAR restrictions, and FAR/DFAR requirements a plus
- Maintenance Multi-Craft Day Shift in Gainesville GA
- Maintenance Technician in Lawrenceville GA
- Customer Service Rep in Needham Heights MA
- Receptionist in Alpharetta GA
- Outside Account Manager in Brooklyn Park MN
- NDT Level III Inspector in Santa Fe Springs CA
- NDT Level II Inspector in Santa Fe Springs CA
- Quality Control Inspector in Cumming GA
- Assembler - Kitter in Milford MA
- Mechanical Drafter in Brooklyn Park MN
- Solidworks Drafter in McBee SC
- IT Recruiter MA in Woburn MA
- Electrical Engineer in Alpharetta GA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Pendergrass GA
- 2nd Shift Machine Operator in Newton MA
- Collections Specialist in Norwell MA
- Financial Analyst in Milford MA
- Inventory Controller in Lebanon NH
- Shipper in Plymouth MA
- Sr. Assembly Technician in East Boston MA
- CAD designer in Hudson MA
- Welder in Duluth GA
- Safety Engineer in Norcross GA
- Material Handler in Taunton MA
- Manufacturing Supply Chain Clerk in Doraville GA
- Shipping in Duluth GA
- Mechanical Packaging Engineer in Ayer MA
- Shipping & Receiving Clerk in Norwood MA
- Manufacturing Lab Technician in Norwood MA
- Maintenance Planner in Gainesville GA
- Engineering Intern in Memphis TN
- Order Processor in Duluth GA
- Planner in Duluth GA
- Depot Repair Technician in Duluth GA
- Receiving Material Handler in Flowery Branch GA
- Warehouse in Suwanee GA
- Deployment Team in Suwanee GA
- Assembler in Acton MA
- Technical Recruiter MA in Marlborough MA
- QA Technician in Lawrence MA
- ID-OD GRIND MACHINIST in Santa Fe Springs CA
- Electromechanical Technician in Beverly MA
- Controls Engineer in Vance AL
- Electrical Design Engineer in Suwanee GA
- Wiring Technician in Suwanee GA
- Mechanical Design Engineer in Suwanee GA
- HR Director in MA
- CNC Machinist in Contoocook NH
- Sr. Electrical Designer in Alpharetta GA
- Quality Engineer in Minneapolis MN
- 2nd Shift Machine Operator in Plymouth MA
- 2nd shift ID-OD GRIND MACHINIST in Central Manchester CT
- Shipper- Warehouse Associate (seasonal) in Ashland MA
- Control Panel Power Wirer in Brooklyn Park MN
- Maintenance Controls Tech in Gainesville GA
- Electro-Mechanical Assembler - Technician in New Brighton MN
- Buyer in Milford NH
- Shipping Clerk in Brooklyn Park MN
- Bench Repair Technician in Cumming GA
- Welder - Sheet metal fabricator in N. Billerica MA
- Program Manager in Saint Petersburg FL
- electro-mechanical assemblers in Merrimack NH
- Standard Fabrication - 1st Shift in Suwanee GA
- Quality Engineer in Newnan GA
- Maintenance Mechanic in Lynn MA
- EM Assembler in Westborough MA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Chelmsford MA
- Quality Engineer in Maple Grove MN
- Packaging Supervisor in Lynn MA
- Technical Writer in Norwell MA
- Accountant in Loganville GA
- Assembly in Buford GA
- Wiring Technician in Buford GA
- Production Admin in Duluth GA
- Shift Supervisor in Duluth GA
- Maintenance Mechanic, Class A, 1st shift in Worcester MA
- Industrial Engineer in Loganville GA
- 2nd Shift Shipping Lead in Lynn MA
- Quality Engineer in Clinton MA
- Assembly Technician in Tucker GA
- Assembler in Suwanee GA
- Press Brake Operator in Duluth GA
- Mechanical Engineer in Bedford MA
- Process Engineer in Covington GA
- Refrigeration Technician in Acton MA
- Electrical Technician in Milford MA
- Supplier Quality Technican in Milford MA
- Documentation Control Specialist in Maple Grove MN
- Clinical Data Manager in Boston MA
- Mechanical Assembler- 2nd Shift in Santa Fe Springs CA
- machinists- 2nd shift 3p-11 in Santa Fe Springs CA
- Programmer in Contoocook NH
- Quality Documentation Coordinator in Bloomington MN
- Lab Processing Clerk in Norwood MA
- Sr. Mechanical Engineer in Norwood MA
- Inside Sales Representative in Golden CO
- Microdeburrer in Milford MA
- Assembly Specialist in Milford MA
- Quality Assurance Technician in Maple Grove MN
- Lean Manager-Continuous Improvement Manager in Milford NH