Our client located in Norwood, Ma is looking for a Buyer on a Contract Basis.
- Implements the purchasing strategy for his/her commodity (ies) in accordance with the Category Managers strategies.
- Provide input to the Commodity Manager on supplier performance.
- Participates in Category Manager’s meetings for NA strategy.
- May performs strategic analysis (internal constraints, external risks, cost analysis, and understanding of strategic levers, analysis of the supplier market).
- Makes the current supply base evolve toward the Category Managers target supplier(s) base by re-sourcing and by controlling the assignment of new business.
- May support all sites under the leadership of the Category Manager
- Participates in the plants cost reduction.
- Reports results monthly.
- Manages suppliers and commodities on a day to day basis. Inclusive of resolving problems related to purchase orders, invoices and shipping and receiving issues.
- Handles purchasing administration for management of supplier and purchase order creation and modifications.
- Supports supplier improvement program.
- Acts as the lead buyer for commodities not managed by a Category Manager.
- Improve his/her commodity (ies) quality level.
- Ensures the quality of purchased components. Participate in Supplier development and quality assessments.
- Monitor excess, slow moving, and obsolete inventory and recommend disposition on a timely basis to ensure targets are achieved.
- Coordinate ECO activity affecting existing and new purchased items.
- Position may/will purchase materials, parts, equipment, and services.
- Sets standard costs, performs other duties as required.
- Travel <10%
Education and Experience:
- Education BS/BA in Supply Chain, Business, related area or equivalent.
- Knowledge of LEAN manufacturing and continuous improvement principles
- Excellent working knowledge of EXCEL
- Good communication skills
- Should be flexible and capable of dealing with multiple priorities
- 4-6 years of sourcing / buying experience on plastics and electronics a must
- Strong background in Cost Reduction and Process Improvement initiatives.
- Must be able to work with in a Team environment of conflicting opinions, ideals and solutions and provide clear direction to reach alignment of all stakeholders.
- Must be highly effective in communication skills.
- Familiar with basic accounting principles.
- Commodity knowledge in machining or electrical components preferred.
- CPSM or CSCP preferred