Searching for a CMM Inspector located in Westford, MA on 1st shift. This is a long term indefinite contract.
Programs, sets up and operates Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMM) in order to make complex, precise measurements of the requisite materials and parts. The individual performs visual and dimensional inspection on parts to determine their accuracy to parts specifications. Training and mentors other CMM operators in CMM inspection techniques.
Responsibilities of the CMM Inspector:
- Sets up and operates CMM in order to make complex, precise measurements of parts.
- Reads and interprets specifications, blueprints, and models for product tolerances and dimensions.
- Verified conformance of parts to specifications and blueprints with respect to measurements.
- Provide manufacturing with 1st piece and in-process data to ensure parts conformance.
- Interprets measurement output data and graphic data.
- Work with engineering, machinists and quality assurance personnel to trouble shoot, research and solve technical problems.
Requirements of the CMM Inspector:
- Technical certificate in related field required, Associate degree preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 5+ years' experience in a manufacturing
- Must have good communications skills, written/verbal, with all levels of personnel.
- Must have excellent computer skills.
- Proficient in coordinate measuring machine techniques and application.
- Must have knowledge and ability to operate CMM's using PC-DMIS software.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret blueprints and other technical data including geometric dimensioning and tolerances.
- Proficient in use of precision measuring tools.
- Strong mathematical and mechanical skills.
- Experience with quality systems and their application.
- Must have problem solving skills and experience.
- Ability to document nonconformance's.
- Ability to speak effectively before employees in the organization.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and have the ability to hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and stoop or crouch.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to thirty (30) pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.