Our premier client in the Framingham, MA area is looking to add CNC Operators to their team. We are currently seeking a 3rd shift operator on a long term contract basis.
Looking for experienced individuals that can set up and operate CNC Turret Lathes and/or machining centers to perform a normal range of operations including to drill, ream, bore, tap, thread, chamfer, turn, face, repeatedly to close tolerances and required finishes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work from drawings, route sheets, CNC programs using required equipment, fixtures, tooling, chucks, collets, etc. necessary to perform required operations.
- Use micrometers, verniers, dial indicators, comparators and other measuring equipment.
- Set-ups exacting and somewhat difficult, may include turning or boring chuck jaws for specific jobs.
- Work on ferrous and non-ferrous metals with close tolerances.
- Down load programs and tools according to run off sheet. Set speeds and feeds and make dry run in presence of qualified set-up person and or Programmer. Program changes made by others.
- Change dull tooling. Sharpen tools as needed. Make necessary tool adjustments to retain required dimensions or finishes. Inspect own work to establish frequency.
- Maintain necessary records.
- Move materials as necessary in performance of duties or as directed.
- Detect and report improper operations, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Maintain work area and equipment in clean and orderly conditions.
- Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations.
- Assist with training employees as directed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or as directed
- Basic mathematical skills together with the use of CNC programs, complicated drawings, route sheets, and various types of precision measuring instruments.
- One (1) to three (3) years applied machining training.
- Ability to read and interpret detailed instructions and procedures (blueprints, route sheets, and specifications).
- Must be able to acquire a powered industrial vehicle certification which includes a written, driving and a medical exam.