Create programs for CNC equipment using CAD/CAM software. Improve and optimize machining processes by reviewing material removal rates for optimum tool life and increased efficiency. Insures successful completion of CNC programming goals set forth by management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and maintain multi-axis CNC programs to produce parts using CAD/CAM software.
- Develop CNC machining processes by selecting the chucking device, cutting tools, tool arrangement, and cutting speeds and feeds with emphasis on standardization.
- Witness the CNC program prove out on the machine tool and correct the programs as required.
- Prepare detailed work instructions and supervise machining process validations including operator training. Communicate effectively with Manufacturing Engineering, Product Development Engineering, plant personnel, and individuals outside the company.
- Maintain the master CNC program directory, through proper file management techniques, to insure the integrity of CNC programs.
- Implement and report cost improvements.
- Coordinates and assigns programming tasks to other programmers as needed.
- Assist in the design of jigs, tools, fixtures, and special equipment for CNC applications.
- Ensure compliance with current CNC programming standards and best practices.
- Assist in the selection of new equipment.
- Experience utilizing Partmaker and Swiss-lathe programming a plus
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
Follow all programming file management procedures, set by the company and/or applicable Quality Specifications to insure compliance of CNC programs with our Quality Management System.
Function as subject matter expert and mentor for other programmers and machinists.
Work with cross functional teams on improvement projects or kaizen events.
Education and/or Experience
High school graduate. College or technical degree not mandatory but is a definite plus. Minimum five years of CNC programming experience to include three years’ experience using CAD/CAM software. Multi axis Mill/Turn and robotic experience is a plus.
Must be able to react to normal machine scheduling and emergency requirements to maintain a steady flow of parts through CNC equipment. Assignments may also originate from opportunities that develop in the shop.
Create documents and verbally communicates in a clear, concise and effective format.
Strong math background including trigonometry.
Analytical ability to solve shop problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires walking, standing, 50% of the time; bending, squatting, and reaching, 10% of the time.